This cheesy baked spinach artichoke dip is the best appetizer for any occasion!
I like to have classic dishes that I know are always easy to make and always delicious to bring to any type of party or gathering of friends or family.
This spinach and artichoke dip is my classic go to recipe for an appetizer.
I have taken it to Christmas parties and baby showers, as well as served it for game days and birthday parties.
This recipe inspired me to also make a slow cooker spinach artichoke dip.
Every time it comes out perfect, and every time there are rarely any leftovers to be eaten!
I love this appetizer so much I made this spinach artichoke pasta bake for dinner too.
Ingredients to make spinach artichoke dip
- fresh garlic and onion
- olive oil
- artichoke hearts
- frozen spinach
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- tortilla chips, for serving
How to Make Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Step 1: Add the olive oil, garlic, and onion to a skillet.
Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the onion is softened.
Step 2: Add the artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and parmesan cheese to a saucepan or dutch oven.
Stir the mixture over medium heat until it is melted and thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Once the garlic and onion is finished cooking, stir it into the spinach artichoke dip.
Step 4: Salt the dip to taste, then transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish.
Top the dip with the mozzarella cheese.
Step 5: Bake the dip at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Once the dip is done baking, I like to broil it for 1-2 minutes at the end to get those yummy browned bubbly bits on top.
If you do this, be sure to watch the dip closely to avoid burning.
I have definitely done this on accident before! It will brown quickly.
This spinach artichoke dip is creamy, cheesy, and so flavorful.
Our favorite way to serve it is with tortilla chips, but you could also serve it with baguette slices, or your favorite crackers.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More recipes to try
- Best Easy Cheese Ball
- Crock Pot Queso Cheese Dip with no velveeta
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Creamy Spinach Dip
- 5 Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 oz frozen spinach
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and onion to a skillet. Cook over medium heat 5-10 minutes, until the onion is softened
- Add the artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and parmesan cheese to a saucepan or dutch oven and stir over medium heat until melted and creamy
- Stir in the garlic and onion into the dip mixture once cooked
- Salt to taste (I used ½ teaspoon)
- Transfer the spinach artichoke dip mixture to a greased small baking dish
- Top with the mozzarella cheese
- Bake the dip at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Optional: broil 1-2 minutes at the end to get the top browned. If you do this, watch closely to avoid burning
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 613mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g