Sweet potato black bean enchiladas with a smoky sweet filling. A delicious meatless dinner!
Smoky sweet sweet potato and black bean enchiladas are what’s for dinner!
Topped with colby jack cheese and enchilada sauce, every bite is irresistible.
I love enchiladas because they are so simple to make but look impressive like you spent hours on dinner!
Not to mention the taste – the crispy chewy edges and bites of smoky filling with creamy avocado and a hit of fresh lime.
Pretty much everything I love about Mexican food!
I used freshly grated colby jack cheese in this recipe and guysss it was amazing.
Seriously took the flavor to the next level.
I’m all about convenience, but it’s really worth it to take the time to grate the cheese yourself, you won’t be disappointed!
I used my easy roasted sweet potatoes in the filling.
I’m a big sweet potato lover lately, but I don’t love waiting an hour before I can eat it.
These sweet potatoes cook in just 20-25 minutes and are ready to be mixed with the other ingredients of the filling.
Once you roll ’em all up, simply top with enchilada sauce, the remaining filling, and the colby jack cheese.
While toppings are usually optional, I HIGHLY recommend avocado and fresh lime squeezed on top when you serve them.
The creamy avocado is the perfect contrast to the smoky filling, and the fresh lime really makes all of the flavors pop in your mouth.
It’s really the perfect way to eat an enchilada in my opinion!
These were even better (if that’s possible) the next day for lunch.
The flavors really had a chance to marinate and it tasted incredible!
If you’ve never tried black beans + sweet potatoes you are missing out!
This recipe will easily serve 4-5 people.
I guarantee it will even please any meat eaters!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchilada Recipe:
- 1 batch easy roasted sweet potatoes
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated colby jack cheese
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 12 tortillas
- Avocado, for serving
- limes, for serving
- Make easy roasted sweet potatoes according to these instructions
- Add garlic and onion to a large skillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Sautee for 7-10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and softened
- Add to the skillet the drained beans, cooked sweet potatoes, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste (I used an additional 1/2 teaspoon as noted above)
- Assemble and stuff enchiladas using the tortillas
- Use a large 9 by 13 glass casserole dish and fill with the ready enchiladas
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over the tops
- Add any leftover filling to the tops of the enchiladas, then cover with the colby jack cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and enchiladas have crisped on the edges
- Serve with avocado and more fresh lime juice on top
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 275 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 727mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g