These best ever veggie enchiladas you’ll ever eat.
Healthy vegetarian enchiladas full of fresh veggies and baked to crispy perfection!
This week I decided to use some leftover enchilada sauce to whip up some veggie enchiladas for dinner.
I’d been craving mexican and wanted to switch it up from our regular burritos.
Little did I know that it would be my best recipe creation yet!
I named these the best ever veggie enchiladas, because…well.. they are the BEST enchiladas I’ve ever eaten.
I’m a huge fan of Mexican food, but for some reason I hadn’t made enchiladas in years.
I was excited to come up with a new and different twist on a classic favorite!
How to make veggie enchiladas:
The secret to the CRAZY awesome flavor of these enchiladas is in the filling!
I used cream cheese and a special blend of spices with a hit of fresh lime juice for that extra kick.
I topped them with enchilada sauce (this is the one I buy) and shredded mexican cheese and baked until cheese was deliciously crispy!
We served ours topped with more fresh lime juice and creamy sliced avocado.
It was so good I literally licked my plate (no shame!) and we were scraping pieces out of the pan.
I’ve been dreaming about the leftovers all day and am already planning to make these again next week!
What you guys are saying about these vegetarian enchiladas:
From Sarah: “These are the best enchiladas I’ve ever eaten! I’m a new vegetarian and desperately seeking delicious recipes. Thanks so much!”
From Laura: “These are the BEST enchiladas!! I made them last night and had been dreaming of eating the leftovers for lunch ALL day, only to come home to find 1 enchilada left. My fiancé loved them too!”
From Justin: “I love this recipe! I just transitioned to eating just veggies and I love learning new recipes. Thank you!”
From Vanessa: “Made these last night…. so tasty!!! Even the kids loved them! I will definitely be making again soon.”
From Alicia: “My boyfriend recently became vegetarian and I’ve been searching for some good vegetarian recipes. These were absolutely delicious and they will definitely be in our dinner rotation! One of the best recipes we’ve made in a while!”
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More meatless mexican recipes I love:
- Mexican Quinoa Enchilada Bake
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- 5 Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowls
- 30 Minute Sweet Potato Refried Bean Nachos
- Easy Vegan Taco Bake
- 30 Minute Portobello Fajitas
- Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole
- Enchilada Tofu Burrito Bowls
PIN these best ever veggie enchiladas for later:
The Best Ever Veggie Enchiladas
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced or finely diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 large lime, juiced, plus more for serving
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- avocado, for serving
- Sea salt
- Combine onion, garlic, green pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt and pepper in a large skillet
- Sautee on medium high heat for 6-8 minutes, until onion becomes translucent
- Add frozen corn kernels and sautee an additional 4-5 minutes, as corn defrosts
- Add drained beans, cream cheese, ½ cup shredded mexican cheese, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, and the juice of half a large lime
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I used an additional ½ teaspoon of each)
- Build enchiladas using filling and place in a baking dish
- Cover with enchilada sauce and remaining mexican cheese
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese becomes slightly crispy (turn up the heat if necessary towards the end for desired crisp) I broil on low the last couple of minutes to make the cheese browned, but if you do this be sure to watch closely so that you don't burn it.
- Serve topped with fresh lime juice and avocado slices
Did you make this recipe? I would love for you to leave a star rating below!