These easy roasted sweet potatoes are made with just 5 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect sweet potatoes for any meal of the day!
These easy roasted sweet potatoes are my go to sweet potato recipe.
They are the perfect side dish for any meal!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables, and I usually buy a few every week when I’m at the grocery store.
It didn’t always used to be this way though.
Many foods that I grew up disliking, I learned to love once I started to experiment with cooking myself.
No more plain whole roasted sweet potatoes for me!
Until I started cooking, I’m pretty sure the only time I ate sweet potatoes was at Thanksgiving.
Now I eat them all the time! My favorite way to make sweet potatoes is roasting them until they get a little crispiness on the sides.
How to roast sweet potatoes
First, preheat oven to 450 degrees. High heat will help us get those crispy edges on the sweet potatoes!
Peel your sweet potatoes and dice them into small cubes with a knife.
Toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until coated on all sides.
Spread out sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet and put them in the oven!
Roast sweet potato cubes until crispy, flipping every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
These baked sweet potato cubes are my go to recipe.
Anytime that I buy sweet potatoes, 90% of the time it is to make this recipe!
The spices are a starting point that are mild enough for any recipe.
If I’m making mexican, I will add in some chili powder or cumin.
For breakfast recipes, I might add in some onion powder or thyme.
There isn’t a meal of the day that I wouldn’t eat sweet potatoes!
This recipe uses 2 large sweet potatoes.
My husband and I ate almost the whole sheet pan ourselves, and my son had a little leftover for his lunch the next day.
If you need an easy side dish or just want to add some more veggies in your diet, these are a great choice.
Ready in less than 30 minutes and no fancy ingredients required.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
Looking for more ways to eat sweet potatoes? Here are some of our favorites!
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Hash
- One Pot Sweet Potato Pasta
- Sweet Potato Brown Rice Casserole
- Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoe
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into small chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste (I used 1 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Toss diced sweet potato chunks with the remaining ingredients in a bowl until everything is oily and coated
- Spread out on an even layer on a baking sheet
- Roast at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip and stir
- Roast an additional 10-15 minutes, until the edges start to blacken slightly and crisp, but are not burnt
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g