These easy roasted sweet potato cubes are made with just 5 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect sweet potato side dish for any meal of the day!
This Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe is my go to side dish!
These easy roasted sweet potatoes are my go to sweet potato recipe. They are the perfect side dish for any meal!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables, and I usually buy a few every week when I’m at the grocery store.
Favorite Ways to use Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
What you’ll need for this Roasted Cubed Sweet Potatoes recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
Seasoning for sweet potatoes
- Cumin, chili powder, paprika: making a Mexican themed meal? Try these spices on your sweet potatoes.
- Garlic powder and onion powder: these basic spices would pair well with just about any meal
- Brown sugar and cinnamon: make a sweet side dish by adding brown sugar and cinnamon to your sweet potatoes
How to roast Sweet Potatoes
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. High heat will help us get those crispy edges on the sweet potatoes!
Step 2: Peel your sweet potatoes and dice them into small cubes.
Step 3: Toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until coated on all sides.
Step 4: Spread out the sweet potato cubes in an even layer on a baking sheet and put them in the oven.
How long to roast sweet potatoes
Step 5: Roast the sweet potato cubes until crispy, flipping every 10 minutes to avoid burning. It should take around 25 – 30 minutes total to roast sweet potatoes at 450 degrees.
How to prepare sweet potatoes
- Peel: peel the skin off of your sweet potatoes
- Dice: dice the sweet potatoes into evenly sized small chunks
Roasted sweet potato cubes pair well with…
These baked sweet potato cubes are my go to recipe. They make a great sweet potato side dish, or an addition to most any meal.
They are great for tossing in salads, on nachos, in bowls, enchiladas, tacos, you name it!
The spices are a starting point that are mild enough to go in any recipe.
If I’m making a mexican dish, I will add in some chili powder or cumin.
For breakfast recipes, I might add in some onion powder or thyme.
There isn’t a meal of the day that I wouldn’t eat sweet potatoes!
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes storage
- Storing: Store leftover sweet potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: reheat leftover sweet potatoes at 350 degrees on a baking sheet until heated through. You can also use a microwave, but the texture is better in the oven.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes FAQs
There is no need to boil sweet potatoes before roasting them.
When you cook sweet potatoes at a higher temperature (over 400 degrees), this is called roasting. Roasting sweet potatoes allows you to get crispier edges by utilizing a hotter oven.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into small chunks
- up to ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil to coat, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Use your hands to toss and combine the oil and spices
- Spread the sweet potatoes out into an even layer on the baking sheet
- Roast the sweet potatoes at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip and stir
- Roast an additional 10-20 minutes, stirring at least once, until the edges are golden brown
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g