Make easy roasted sweet potatoes with just 5 ingredients in less than 30 minutes.
These are perfect for any meal!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables, and I usually buy a few every week when I’m at the grocery store. It didn’t always used to be this way though.
Many foods that I grew up disliking, I learned to love once I started to experiment with cooking myself.
No more plain whole roasted sweet potatoes for me! Until I started cooking, I’m pretty sure the only time I ate sweet potatoes was at Thanksgiving.
Now I eat them all the time! My favorite way to make sweet potatoes is roasting them until they get a little crispiness on the sides.
How to roast sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Peel your sweet potatoes
- Use a sharp knife (I use a butcher knife) to chop sweet potato into small cubes
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Spread out sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet
- Roast until crispy, flipping several times
These baked sweet potato cubes are my go to recipe.
Anytime that I buy sweet potatoes, 90% of the time it is to make this recipe!
The spices are a starting point that are mild enough for any recipe. If I’m making mexican, I will add in some chili powder or cumin. For breakfast recipes, I might add in some onion powder or thyme.
What I love the most about roasting them this way is the versatility: I can eat them for breakfast (with eggs), for a side dish, on nachos (my favorite!) or serve them with pasta. There isn’t a meal of the day that I wouldn’t eat sweet potatoes!
This recipe uses 2 large sweet potatoes.
My husband and I ate almost the whole sheet pan ourselves, and my son had a little leftover for his lunch the next day.
If you have a little one that is starting to grab his own food, these are a great veggie to feed him or her!
Crosby loves anything he can grab himself and doesn’t let us feed him much of anything anymore, so these sweet potatoes are perfect for his little hands.
We had these for dinner earlier this week along side of my garlic butter roasted mushrooms and eggs (because I’m a lazy vegetarian that didn’t feel like making a different/more difficult protein for dinner that night.)
It was delicious!
These are equally as good on nachos (have you tried my 30 Minute Sweet Potato Refried Beans Nachos yet?)
If you need an easy side dish or just want to add some more veggies in your diet, these are a great choice.
These easy roasted sweet potatoes are ready in less than 30 minutes and no fancy ingredients required.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- 30 Minute Sweet Potato Refried Bean Nachos
- One Pot Sweet Potato Pasta
- Sweet Potato Brown Rice Casserole
- Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Click below to pin these Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe photos!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
These easy roasted sweet potatoes are made with just 5 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes. Versatile enough to eat for any meal of the day!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into small chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste (I used 1 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Toss diced sweet potato chunks with the remaining ingredients in a bowl until everything is oily and coated
- Spread out on an even layer on a baking sheet
- Roast at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip and stir
- Roast an additional 10-15 minutes, until the edges start to blacken slightly and crisp, but are not burnt
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave me a star rating below!