These easy roasted sweet potatoes are made with just 5 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect sweet potatoes for any meal of the day!
These easy roasted sweet potatoes are my go to sweet potato recipe.
They are the perfect side dish for any meal!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables, and I usually buy a few every week when I’m at the grocery store.
It didn’t always used to be this way though.
Many foods that I grew up disliking, I learned to love once I started to experiment with cooking myself.
No more plain whole roasted sweet potatoes for me!
Until I started cooking, I’m pretty sure the only time I ate sweet potatoes was at Thanksgiving.
Now I eat them all the time! My favorite way to make sweet potatoes is roasting them until they get a little crispiness on the sides.
How to make roasted sweet potatoes
First, preheat oven to 450 degrees. High heat will help us get those crispy edges on the sweet potatoes!
Peel your sweet potatoes and dice them into small cubes with a knife.
Toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until coated on all sides.
Spread out sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet and put them in the oven.
Roast sweet potato cubes until crispy, flipping every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
It should take around 25 – 30 minutes.
These baked sweet potato cubes are my go to recipe.
They are great for tossing in salads, on nachos, in bowls, enchiladas, tacos, or just eaten as a side dish!
The spices are a starting point that are mild enough for any recipe.
If I’m making mexican, I will add in some chili powder or cumin.
For breakfast recipes, I might add in some onion powder or thyme.
There isn’t a meal of the day that I wouldn’t eat sweet potatoes!
This recipe uses 2 large sweet potatoes.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
Looking for more ways to eat sweet potatoes? Here are some of our favorites!
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Hash
- One Pot Sweet Potato Pasta
- Sweet Potato Brown Rice Casserole
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into small chunks
- up to 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil to coat, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Use your hands to toss and combine the oil and spices
- Spread the sweet potatoes out into an even layer
- Roast at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip and stir
- Roast an additional 10-20 minutes, stirring at least once, until the edges are golden brown
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g