These easy roasted sweet potato cubes are made with just 5 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect sweet potato side dish for any meal of the day!
These easy roasted sweet potatoes are my go to sweet potato recipe. They are the perfect side dish for any meal!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables, and I usually buy a few every week when I’m at the grocery store.
How to make roasted sweet potatoes
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. High heat will help us get those crispy edges on the sweet potatoes!
Step 2: Peel your sweet potatoes and dice them into small cubes.
Step 3: Toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until coated on all sides.
Step 4: Spread out the sweet potato cubes in an even layer on a baking sheet and put them in the oven.
Step 5: Roast the sweet potato cubes until crispy, flipping every 10 minutes to avoid burning. It should take around 25 – 30 minutes total to roast sweet potatoes at 450 degrees.
These baked sweet potato cubes are my go to recipe. They make a great sweet potato side dish, or an addition to most any meal.
They are great for tossing in salads, on nachos, in bowls, enchiladas, tacos, you name it!
The spices are a starting point that are mild enough to go in any recipe.
If I’m making a mexican dish, I will add in some chili powder or cumin.
For breakfast recipes, I might add in some onion powder or thyme.
There isn’t a meal of the day that I wouldn’t eat sweet potatoes!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into small chunks
- up to ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil to coat, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Use your hands to toss and combine the oil and spices
- Spread the sweet potatoes out into an even layer on the baking sheet
- Roast the sweet potatoes at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip and stir
- Roast an additional 10-20 minutes, stirring at least once, until the edges are golden brown
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g