You simply can’t go wrong with this classic three cheese lasagna recipe! Layers of parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella cheeses make for one delicious dinner that is sure to impress.
Three cheese lasagna is the perfect dinner for any occasion!
It’s a classic recipe that everyone will love.
This is a great homemade lasagna recipe to try if you have never made it before and is very beginner friendly.
It is always a favorite, and features 3 kinds of cheeses, just like our Three Cheese Baked Ziti.
This recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3 just layer it all up, and bake until you have bubbly cheesy goodness making your house smell like heaven.
How to make three cheese lasagna
First, we start off with fresh garlic and onion to add extra flavor to the sauce.
Next, mix up the ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan, oregano, and fresh parsley.
Now it’s time to layer!
You will do three layers of the following: lasagna noodles, ricotta parmesan mixture, pasta sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
What kind of pasta sauce to use for lasagna
While you can use any kind, I recommend spending a bit extra to get a good quality pasta sauce. The flavor makes a big difference I have found!
Once the lasagna is assembled, cover it with foil and bake at 375 degrees until hot and bubbly.
If you like those crispy edges and a firmer top, remove the foil for the last 5 minutes or so to let the cheese crisp up and get nice and browned.
This step is totally optional though, I also love a nice saucier softer lasagna.
You can’t go wrong.
Serve with a little side salad and some crusty garlic bread for a perfect meal!
more pasta recipes
- 10 minute Cream Cheese Pasta
- Vegetarian Baked Ziti
- Crock Pot Baked Ziti
- Million Dollar Baked Ziti
- Veggie Lover’s Baked Rigatoni
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 25 oz jar of good quality pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Add garlic and onion to a skillet with a splash of olive oil. Cook over medium high heat for around 10 minutes, until onion is soft. Add sauce, stir, and set aside
- In a bowl, stir to combine the freshly grated parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, oregano, egg, and fresh parsley.
- Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish with cooking spray
- Add ⅓ cup sauce to the bottom of the dish and spread it out
- Add 3 lasagna noodles
- Place ½ cup of the ricotta mixture and spread out over the noodles
- Add 1 cup of the sauce and spread out over the top
- Sprinkle on ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- Add the next layer: 3 noodles, ½ cup ricotta, 1 cup of sauce, and ½ cup of mozzarella
- For the final layer, add 3 noodles, the rest of the ricotta, the rest of the sauce, and the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella over the top
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes, until hot and bubbly
- For crispy edges and top, remove foil for the last 5 minutes (optional)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 594mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g