I have a standing joke with my husband regarding his dislike of potatoes. Every time I make roasted potatoes, like these garlic Parmesan potato wedges, or my roasted garlic baby red potatoes, or these easy roasted potatoes, he claims that he really doesn’t like potatoes. But every time I make them, he devours them and (in this case) scraped the potato crumbs off the pan to eat. (Shhh I didn’t tell you that) 😉
I am a huge potato lover. They’re one of my favorite comfort foods. Pair potatoes with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, a few of my favorite spices, a bit of olive oil, and you get these highly addictive I-have-died-and-gone-to-heaven potatoes. They are THAT good. I considered calling them “crack potatoes” because they’re impossible to stop eating. You can’t just eat one (or 47). I am so in love with these potatoes!
I am happy to have converted my husband to the dark side that is the utter deliciousness of roasted potatoes. When you make these, you will fall in love. But don’t say I didn’t warn you. If you’re planning on sharing these, you might want to make a double batch…or a quadruple batch…or just eat them all yourself!
- 3 pounds of organic russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse potatoes and cut into small wedges
- Add potatoes to a medium sized bowl and add remaining ingredients, tossing well to coat
- Note: fresh Parmesan is key in this recipe, and powdered should not be substituted.
- Spread potatoes in one layer on a baking sheet
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes, flipping at least once, until crispy.