Craving fast food? This air fryer frozen french fries recipe will be your new favorite treat! Super crispy french fries made in just minutes.
Have you joined the Air Fryer club yet?
Let me tell you, it was something that I didn’t realize how much I needed until I got one!
And Air fryer Frozen Vegetables are seriously the best dinner time hack.
Our air fryer is one of the most used appliances in our house now.
How do you cook frozen fries in an air fryer?
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray
- Place the frozen french fries in the basket, then mist the tops with cooking spray
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, tossing several times (see all notes at the bottom of this post)
Tips for getting the best crispy fries
If you are not using a large 6 quart air fryer, work in batches for more even cooking.
If you are cooking thicker homestyle fries, adjust cook time as necessary!
Do not spray too much oil on the fries or they will not get super crispy like we want.
After the initial spray, do not spray the fries again.
If they are too close to being done the oil will make the fries turn soft.
If you have an air fryer that preheats, you can preheat it first. Mine does not preheat, so if yours does you will want to keep an eye out in case the fries cook faster.
These air fryer frozen french fries were just too good.
Serve them up with some copycat chick fil a sauce and some of your favorite nuggets and you have a “takeout” dinner at home.
These fries use a fraction of the oil of the typical deep fried ones, all while still getting those wonderful crispy edges that are so addicting!
p.s. I used this same method with frozen sweet potato fries and it worked like a charm!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 32 oz frozen french fries
- cooking spray
- salt (optional)
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. If you are using an air fryer smaller than 6 qt, you will want to work in batches so that the fries cook evenly
- Place the frozen french fries into the sprayed air fryer basket
- Use cooking spray to mist the tops of the fries, then sprinkle with salt, if desired
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip and stir your fries
- Cook an additional 10 minutes. From here, your fries will be super close to being done. Depending on your air fryer some will cook faster than others.
- Air fry an additional 5 - 10 minutes, checking often, until crispy
- Serve immediately
After the initial spray, do not spray the fries again with oil. This will result in them getting softer.
If you have an air fryer that preheats, you can do this before cooking the fries. Just know that they may cook faster, so keep an eye on cook time!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g