These easy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes are a simple and tasty side dish that is ready in no time!
You will love these air fryer potatoes!
This baby potato recipe is a dinnertime favorite and so easy to make. Simple crispy potatoes are seasoned with garlic powder, onion, and thyme. The air fryer saves time and makes this yummy side dish ready in no time!
The air fryer has fast become one of my favorite kitchen tools. We use it on a daily basis in our house and the texture and crispiness of air fryer foods is unmatched!
I love potatoes as a side dish, but they easily take 40 minutes or longer to crisp up in the oven.
This easy recipe features baby potatoes and a basic spice blend that everyone will love. We use the air fryer to get those yummy crispy edges in minutes!
You can find the full ingredients and instructions at the bottom of this post, but here are the ingredients that you will need to make this recipe.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes ingredients
- Baby gold potatoes: or substitute another kind of baby potato
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried thyme
- Olive oil spray
How to Air Fry Potatoes
Step 1: Wash and dry the baby potatoes and slice them in half. For larger potatoes, you may want to cut them into fourths. The goal is to have them all be around the same size for even cooking and crispiness.
Step 2: Place the halved potatoes in a bowl and spray with olive oil spray.
Using olive oil spray helps get the oil evenly distributed and you also end up using a lot less!
Step 3: Sprinkle on the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and pepper and stir until the potatoes are coated.
Step 4: Place the baby potatoes in the air fryer in a single layer and turn the temperature to 400 degrees. Cook the baby potatoes for 10 minutes, then check and shake and stir them around.
Step 5: Spray the air fryer potatoes again with olive oil, then continue to cook them in the air fryer. They should need around 5 – 10 more minutes to get perfectly golden and crispy.
How long to air fry Potatoes
The cooking time for potatoes in the air fryer depends on the type and size of the potatoes. Baby potatoes will cook in around 20-30 minutes.
Watch the potatoes closely towards the end to avoid burning. They should be golden brown and crispy on the edges once they are done!
How to serve these potatoes
- For breakfast: Serve baby potatoes as a breakfast side dish with eggs and sausage or in a breakfast burrito.
- For dinner: Serve as a side dish with any protein and vegetable. These potatoes are versatile for most any meal. These would make a fabulous side dish served along with another one of our pantry favorites like roasted frozen broccoli or roasted frozen carrots.
- With a dip: Serve these as is, or with ketchup or your favorite fry dip (we love copycat chick fil a sauce!)
How to store Air Fried Potatoes
Air fried potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat the potatoes, simply toss them back in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees until crispy.
Air Fryer Potatoes FAQs
Air frying potatoes usually takes less time than baking them. It can also result in a crispier texture using less oil, making the air fryer a preferred way for cooking potatoes.
Potatoes should be cut into smaller pieces before air frying, as this will result in getting crispy edges on all sides.
Air fried potatoes can be a healthier alternative to other cooking methods, as it uses far less oil than similar recipes that are oven roasted or fried.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More air fryer recipes you’ll love
- Breakfast Hash in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Portobello Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fried Fresh Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 24 oz baby gold potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- olive oil spray, as needed
- Cut the baby potatoes in half and spray with olive oil spray
- Add the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and pepper, then mix to coat
- Place the baby potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer
- Air fry the baby potatoes at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Shake and flip the potatoes, then spray again with olive oil spray
- Continue to air fry the potatoes for an additional 5-10 minutes, watching closely, until crispy on all sides
Can I use another kind of potatoes?
This air fryer recipe calls for baby gold potatoes, but any type will work. Just note that if the potatoes are cut into smaller pieces, that you will need to keep a close eye on cook time as they may be done sooner.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 546mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g