Have you tried frozen vegetables in the air fryer? This easy air fried frozen brussel sprout recipe makes a great simple side dish for dinner.
If you have a bag of frozen veggies, olive oil spray, and a few simple spices, you can make an easy and delicious side dish that requires almost no time to prep!
I even made roasted frozen brussel sprouts, which then inspired me to see if I could have the same success using an air fryer!
The convenience of no prep work plus the air fryer makes for simple and yummy side dishes that can be ready in minutes.
How to make frozen brussel sprouts in the air fryer
Step 1: spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Add the frozen whole brussel sprouts and spray with olive oil spray. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Can you cook from frozen in the air fryer?
Yes, and I always recommended doing this whenever cooking with frozen vegetables!
I have found that in order to get the best texture (no sogginess) for frozen vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower, it is important that you do not to thaw them at all before cooking.
Step 2: Use kitchen scissors, or a knife with cutting board to cut the brussel sprouts in half. They should be soft enough to cut at this point.
While this step is optional, and I did leave a few whole, the ones that were cut in half tasted so much better. This allows you to get really yummy crispy texture on the edges which makes all the difference.
Step 3: Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parmesan cheese to the cut up brussel sprouts. Stir to combine. Air fry an additional 10 – 20 minutes, checking every 5, until desired crispiness.
Serve immediately, and top with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
If you haven’t tried air frying frozen brussel sprouts yet, it is a game changer!
The air fryer is perfect for getting those yummy parmesan cheese crispy edges.
Frozen vegetables are a great pantry staple to keep on hand when time is short! Our freezer is always stocked with veggies for just that reason.
More air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fried Baby Potatoes
- Breakfast Potatoes in the air fryer
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Looking for a recipe for fresh brussels? Try our air fryer brussels sprouts.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 20 oz frozen brussel sprouts
- olive oil spray
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, then place the frozen brussel sprouts in the basket. For best results, do not allow the brussels to thaw at all prior to baking, place it straight from the freezer into the air fryer.
- Spray the brussel sprouts with olive oil spray
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- By now the brussels should be no longer frozen. Use kitchen scissors or a knife and cutting board to cut the brussel sprouts in half. This step is optional, but I highly recommend it. The best way to get non mushy brussel sprouts is to cut them in half so that they can get crispier.
- Add the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and stir to combine
- Air fry the brussel sprouts for another 10 - 20 minutes, checking often, until crispy on the edges
- Serve immediately, topped with more parmesan cheese if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g