Have you tried frozen vegetables in the air fryer? This easy air fried frozen broccoli makes a great simple side dish for dinner. Make crispy broccoli from frozen with your air fryer!
This air fryer frozen broccoli is the best easy side dish!
Have a bag of frozen broccoli? Cook it in the air fryer for an easy and delicious dinner side dish. This is my go to veggie side dish when I need something fast!
Using the air fryer has been a game changer for making dinner in my house. I fell in love with the convenience of recipes like my roasted frozen cauliflower and roasted frozen broccoli for a quick dinner side so I knew I needed to try them in the air fryer.
The air fryer is one of our most used appliances in our house and we use it pretty much every day. It is such a time saver.
If you have a bag of frozen veggies, olive oil spray, and a few simple spices, you can make an easy and delicious side dish that requires almost no time to prep!
How to air fry frozen broccoli
Step 1: Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray. This will help the broccoli florets not stick to the bottom.
Step 2: Place the frozen broccoli florets into the air fryer basket.
Can you cook from frozen in the air fryer?
Yes, and I always recommended doing this whenever cooking with frozen vegetables! I have found that in order to get the best texture (no sogginess) for frozen vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower, it is important not to thaw them at all before cooking.
Step 3: Spray the broccoli with olive oil spray, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Give it a good stir or shake to help mix the spices around.
Step 4: Air fry the broccoli at 400 degrees for 15-25 minutes, stirring at least once, until desired level of crispiness is achieved.
This recipe is delicious as is, or you could sprinkle on some parmesan cheese at the end.Or this cheese sauce for broccoli would be amazing poured on top! For vegans, this would be great sprinkled with a little nutritional yeast.
If you haven’t tried air frying frozen broccoli yet, it is a game changer! Perfect for busy nights when you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry or quick nutritious lunches.
Frozen vegetables are a great pantry staple to keep on hand when time is short! Our freezer is always stocked with veggies for just that reason.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fried Baby Potatoes
- Breakfast Potatoes in the air fryer
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 24 oz frozen broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- olive oil spray
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, then place the frozen broccoli florets in the basket. For best results, do not allow the broccoli to thaw at all prior to baking, place it straight from the freezer into the air fryer.
- Spray the broccoli florets with olive oil spray, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Give the basket a shake to mix the spices around.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Stir and shake the basket, then air fry an additional 5-15 minutes, until desired level of crispiness. If you use less than 24 oz of broccoli, it will cook much faster, so watch it closely to avoid burning
- Serve immediately, topped with parmesan cheese if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g