Roasted brussels sprouts with parmesan make the most delicious side dish. Crispy brussels sprouts are baked to perfection with delicious parmesan cheese edges.
Brussels sprouts are one of the most delicious vegetables when you cook them right!
This recipe today is one of my favorites for an easy weeknight side dish or any special occasion or holiday. These roasted brussel sprouts with parmesan would be perfect for serving this Thanksgiving!
The secret to really delicious brussels is all in the texture plus the right combination of flavors.
These delicious brussels sprouts disappeared fast in my house and even my kids love them!
ingredients to make roasted brussels sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts: fresh, not frozen. Here is a recipe for frozen brussels sprouts if you need one.
- Parmesan cheese: best grated fresh from a block
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How to roast brussels sprouts with parmesan
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. This high temperature is key for getting the texture just right!
Step 1: the first step is to prep the fresh brussels. Remove any shriveled outer leaves, cut off the ends, and slice each brussel sprout in half.
This is important to the recipe. Whole brussels sprouts will not roast as well and get that all around crispiness on the inside.
Step 2: Add the remaining ingredients to the brussels sprouts: parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Stir to combine well.
Step 3: Place the brussels sprouts with parmesan on a baking sheet. Roast them at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and stir them around to allow all edges to get crispy. Roast an additional 10 – 15 minutes, until browned and crispy on the edges.
The parmesan cheese edges are the best part. The cheese sticks and forms a crispy edge to the brussels that is so addictive!
This side dish is always a hit in my family and will be on our Thanksgiving table this year for sure.
I love how easy it is to throw together and you can have it ready with just a few minutes of prep, then it can bake while you work on the rest of dinner.
I’ll bet if you’ve never loved this vegetable, this recipe will change your mind!
This really is the best all purpose easy recipe for brussels sprouts. You simply can’t go wrong!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Side Dishes Recipes
- Cheesy Cauliflower
- Honey Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Honey Butter Skillet Corn
- Roasted Garlic Mushrooms
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1.5 lbs brussel sprouts
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Remove any outer shriveled leaves from the brussel sprouts and cut them in half. Place the halves in a bowl.
- Add the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil to the brussel sprouts and stir to combine
- Transfer the brussels to a baking sheet.
- Roast the parmesan brussels sprouts at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, then stir. Roast an additional 10 - 15 minutes, until crispy and browned on the edges. The parmesan should stick to some of them and make a browned cheesy crust
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g