Easy chocolate chip cookies made from boxed cake mix. So simple and delicious! All you need is a box of yellow cake mix and 3 simple ingredients.
Yellow cake mix cookies are the easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.
With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes, you can make a delicious dessert using a box of your favorite yellow cake mix from duncan hines, betty crocker, etc.
We are a big fan of cake mix desserts as a time saving hack.
It’s a great way to make a dessert that tastes homemade but uses a box of cake mix as the main ingredient: something that most of us have on hand in our pantry!
Ingredients to make yellow cake mix cookies
- a box of yellow cake mix: any brand you like. You will need the 15 oz size
- olive oil or vegetable oil: I prefer olive oil in recipes as I always keep it on hand, but any neutral flavored cooking oil will work in this recipe
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to make cake mix chocolate chip cookies
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Mix together the yellow cake mix, oil, and eggs in a bowl. The batter should be thick.
Step 3: Fold in the chocolate chips
Step 4: Place spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet, then top with extra chocolate chips on top. I like to use a cookie scoop for this step.
Step 5: Bake at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
The great thing about this recipe is there are so many fun ways you can change up the flavors!
- Use a flavor of cake mix: try vanilla cake mix, funfetti cake mix, white cake mix, etc.
- Switch up the mix ins: want to try something other than regular chocolate chips? Try spinkles, chopped up candy pieces, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, heath bits, reese’s pieces, whatever sounds good!
This cake mix cookie is great for when you need a quick dessert.
My family loves this recipe and we have made it for family gatherings, holidays, and birthdays.
Make these the next time you need a foolproof dessert in a hurry!
These cookies would also be perfect for making homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches.
Our family loves cake mix recipes for an easy sweet treat that can be made anytime.
You have to try these yellow cake mix cookies with that box of duncan hines cake mix sitting in your pantry!
More Cake Mix Recipes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 15 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Add yellow cake mix, eggs, and oil to a mixing bowl
- Beat to combine, then fold in chocolate chips
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (this recipe yields 22 large cookies)
- Sprinkle tops with additional chocolate chips, if desired
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes
- Transfer cookies immediately to a cooling rack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g