Craving snickerdoodles but short on time? Make this holiday favorite cookie in a fraction of the time using a box of cake mix!
Cake mix recipes are one of my favorite hacks for making homemade baked goods in a fraction of the time.
These cake mix snickerdoodles are pillowy soft, rolled in cinnamon sugar, and come together in minutes. They are one of my favorite snickerdoodle recipes and are so easy that anyone can make them!
During the holidays I love making easy desserts with cake mix like cake mix sugar cookies, Christmas cookies, Christmas cookie bars, funfetti cake mix cookies, cake mix crinkle cookies, and chocolate chip cake mix cookies.
For the soft and chewy peanut butter cookies we make these cake mix peanut butter cookies.
Ingredient to make easy snickerdoodles
- a box of yellow cake mix: or white cake mix
- olive oil: or vegetable oil
- cinnamon and sugar: for rolling the snickerdoodles
How to make cake mix snickerdoodles
Step 1: Pour the box of yellow cake mix into a mixing bowl.
Add the eggs and oil to the cake mix. Use a hand mixer to beat together the cookie batter until combined.
Step 2: Cover the bowl of cookie dough with cling wrap and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
This will make the batter super easy to roll in the cinnamon sugar once it has a chance to firm up a bit. It also allows the cookies to stay puffy, and not spread and go flat.
Step 3: In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
Once the batter has chilled, roll the dough into balls, then drop one by one into the cinnamon sugar mixture, rolling it around to cover all sides.
Step 4: Place the rolled balls of dough onto a nonstick baking sheet.
Bake the snickerdoodles at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the pan and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.
I was surprised how delicious these were! These cake mix snickerdoodles were so soft, perfect amount of chewiness, and tasted just like the classic favorite I grew up eating.
This would be a great kid friendly recipe to bake with your little ones too!
Perfect for little hands that love to help.
More cake mix recipes we love
- Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Cookies
- Cake Mix Apple Cobbler
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
- Cake Mix Spice Cookies
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Although snickerdoodles are typically served around the holidays, these easy cookies make a yummy treat any time of year.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Add these to your holiday baking list this year! You cannot go wrong with a classic favorite like snickerdoodles.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Beat together the yellow cake mix, oil, and eggs until combined in a mixing bowl
- Cover and chill the cookie dough for 1 hour. This will allow the batter to roll better, as well as keep the cookies puffy instead of spreading and falling flat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon
- Roll the dough into balls, then drop one by one into the cinnamon sugar mixture, rolling it around to cover all sides. Place the balls of dough on a nonstick baking sheet
- Bake the snickerdoodles at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes, until the tops crack and the edges look firm. Do not over bake
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and transfer to a wire cooling rack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g