These bakery style chocolate chip muffins have a crackly muffin top and are so deliciously soft and fluffy.
I had a craving for chocolate chip muffins one day, but not just any muffins.
I wanted those super soft and moist bakery style chocolate chip muffins with the crackly sugar muffin tops.
And so I tested this recipe until they were just that yummy taste I was going for.
These indulgent tasting muffins are truly the most delicious bakery style muffin I have ever tasted!
They are sure to be appreciated by anyone you share them with, but you may just keep them all for yourself!
If you’re looking for the best chocolate chip muffin recipe, look no further.
Ingredients to make Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
- sour cream
- whole milk
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling the muffin tops
How to make sour cream chocolate chip muffins
Step 1: Whisk together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Step 2: Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, whole milk, sugar, and melted butter until smooth.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined, do not over mix.
Step 4: Fold in the chocolate chips gently with a rubber spatula.
Step 5: Line a regular muffin tin with 12 parchment paper muffin liners.
Distribute the chocolate chip muffin batter into the cups, then sprinkle coarse sugar and additional chocolate chips over the tops.
Step 6: Bake the muffins at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees (do not open the oven door or remove the muffins)
Bake at 350 for another 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Starting the muffins at a high heat gets that nice high rise and crackly top.
If you need a great muffin for breakfast, snacks, bake sales, holiday mornings, this is it!
Everyone will love how soft they are and bursting with chocolate chips in every bite.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Muffin Recipes
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
I could eat these bakery style chocolate chip muffins every day! The best treat to enjoy with your morning cup of coffee.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, milk, sugar, and melted butter
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips gently with a rubber spatula
- Line a regular muffin tin with 12 parchment paper muffin liners
- Distribute the chocolate chip muffin batter evenly
- Top with additional chocolate chips and sprinkle with coarse sugar
- Bake the chocolate chip muffins at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees (do not open the oven door or remove the muffins) Bake the muffins at 350 for another 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g