This Creamy Spinach Dip is a crowd pleasing appetizer for any occasion! Made with three kinds of cheese and baked to golden brown perfection, it’s sure to be a hit with anyone who eats it.
This spinach dip is delicious!
There’s nothing like hot and cheesy spinach dip served with crunchy tortilla chips, crackers, or baguettes. Spinach dip is a classic recipe for a reason and this recipe is perfection!
Dips are one of my favorite appetizers to serve for just about any occasion. This creamy cheesy baked spinach dip is always at the top of my list!
If you don’t like spinach artichoke dip, this recipe is for you. With three kinds of cheese in it you know it has to be good!
Ingredients to make spinach dip
- garlic: fresh minced
- dried minced onion
- parmesan cheese: freshly grated
- chopped spinach: frozen spinach is best for this recipe
- cream cheese: this is the secret for making this dip so creamy!
- sour cream
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt: to taste
How to make creamy spinach dip
Step 1: Add the minced garlic, frozen spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, grated parmesan cheese, and minced onion to a sauce pan.
Stir the ingredients together and cook the dip over medium heat for around 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until the spinach thaws and the cheese is melted and creamy.
Step 2: Grease a small baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Spread the spinach dip evenly into the baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Step 3: Bake the creamy spinach dip at 425 degrees for around 10 minutes, until melted and bubbly. Broil 1-2 minutes at the end to get the cheese browned on top.
This step is optional, but I really love those delicious browned yummy bits of cheese, they are my favorite!
It also makes for a more visually appealing appetizer in my opinion. Just watch it closely while broiling to make sure that it doesn’t burn. It will brown quickly!
What do you eat with creamy spinach dip?
This dip is great for just about anything!
Our favorite dippers are crunchy tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices, but you could also serve it with pretzels, any kind of crackers, cut up veggie sticks, pita chips, or any kind of toasted bread.
A sliced french bread loaf would be a great size to crisp up and serve as dippers!
I absolutely love this spinach dip recipe and it’s great for any occasion! New Year’s Eve, Christmas, Thanksgiving, game day parties, birthday parties, graduations, you name it.
This is one of those appetizers that is so good you may just want to eat it as a meal! I know I do.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
This dip is just a few ingredients and only takes a couple of minutes to throw together.
The next time you need a party appetizer, whip up a batch of this fool proof spinach dip and watch it disappear! Even my kids will eat spinach when I serve this spinach dip. It is simply irresistible!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
How to store & serve spinach dip
- At room temperature: This spinach dip shouldn’t be left out longer than two hours at room temperature before it needs to be refrigerated.
- Storing Leftovers: Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days, if it lasts that long!
- Reheating: Reheat any leftovers in the microwave or the oven until heated through
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 oz frozen spinach
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- Salt, to taste
- Add the minced garlic, frozen spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, grated parmesan cheese, and minced onion to a sauce pan.
- Stir together and cook the dip over medium heat for around 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until melted and creamy
- Grease a small baking dish with olive oil cooking spray
- Spread the spinach dip evenly into the baking dish and top with the mozzarella cheese
- Bake the spinach dip at 425 degrees for around 10 minutes, until melted and bubbly. Broil 1-2 minutes at the end to get the cheese browned on top
- Serve with tortilla chips, baguette slices, or crackers of choice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g