No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
This take on the classic dessert is vegan, gluten free, and so simple to make!
These bars make perfect Christmas treats for your all of your holiday parties!
These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars make my taste buds sing.
It’s a well known fact that chocolate + peanut butter = a match made in heaven, and these bars do not disappoint!
Honestly, I don’t really think it’s possible to go wrong with any dessert that has chocolate and peanut butter in it.
Chocolate peanut butter bars are a classic favorite Christmas treat.
I lightened these up using much less sugar, while also making them vegan and gluten free.
All while tasting every bit as good as the original!
My mouth is watering just thinking about them!
How to make no bake chocolate peanut butter bars
Make the peanut butter filling first:
Whisk 1 cup of creamy peanut butter with the maple syrup until combined.
I always use peanut butter that is all natural without any added sugar.
When looking for one, just be sure that the only ingredients on the label are peanuts and salt.
After the peanut butter and maple syrup are mixed, add in the coconut flour and crisp rice cereal until well combined.
Line an 8 X 8 dish with wax paper and place the peanut butter filling in the dish.
Spread peanut butter filling evenly and flat into the dish using a rubber spatula (be sure to go flat to the edges).
Add the chocolate and 1/4 cup of peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted (be careful not to burn).
Pour the melted chocolate over peanut butter layer, and use a clean rubber spatula to smooth the top.
Freeze for 1 hour, or until set.
Allow bars to warm slightly before cutting.
If you cut them too cold, the chocolate will crack and not cut evenly.
Cut into 16 squares, or more if you want smaller pieces!
Once cut, you can serve them either straight out of the freezer, or leave them out to enjoy at a party.
I love keeping extra in my freezer for a quick sweet tooth fix!
These bars look so impressive, but they were a cinch to make.
It didn’t take me longer than 15 minutes to throw it all together and get it in the pan.
I added the crisp rice cereal to give these a little extra crunchy texture and I loved how it turned out!
I fell in love with this idea after making my Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cups.
I gave these to family members and friends and everyone loved them!
I can see these being a Christmas tradition for us every year.
I hope you try them!
Let me know what you think!
No Bake Recipes
Looking for more delicious no bake treats?
- Best Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cups
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
- Ultimate Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Almond Butter Cups
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag us on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe photos!
Be sure to follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!
Click HERE to pin this recipe for later!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe:
For the peanut butter layer
- 1 cup creamy all natural peanut butter (only ingredients should be peanuts and salt)
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten free crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
For the Chocolate Layer
- 10 oz dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy all natural peanut butter
- Make the peanut butter filling first:
- Whisk 1 cup of creamy peanut butter with the maple syrup until combined.
- Add in coconut flour and crisp rice cereal until combined
- Line an 8 X 8 dish with wax paper
- Spread peanut butter filling evenly and flat into the dish using a rubber spatula (be sure to go flat to the edges)
- Add the chocolate and 1/4 cup of peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted (be careful not to burn)
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter layer, and use a clean rubber spatula to smooth the top
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until set
- Allow to soften slightly before cutting, to avoid pieces breaking off
- Serve frozen or softened, either way!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 243 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 87mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g Protein: 6g