Simple, delicious pumpkin bread is a fall staple recipe. Serve warm with smeared butter and see if you can stop at one slice! Pumpkin bread from scratch is so easy and a must bake.
Ahhhh, pumpkin bread.
A fall staple every year.
As soon as September rolls around, I’m planning which pumpkin recipes to try, and which favorites to bake again.
This bread and my pumpkin banana bread are both favorites around here.
This moist and delicious pumpkin bread is top of my list of regular recipes that we will make every year!
Right up there with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The best way to serve it is warmed up with melted butter smeared generously on top.
Heaven in every bite!
How to make pumpkin bread from scratch
Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon together.
In another bowl, whisk the greek yogurt, maple syrup, olive oil, pumpkin, eggs, cane sugar, and vanilla.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
Grease a loaf pan and pour the batter in.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 – 65 minutes.
It’s really so easy to throw together in 10 minutes or less!
Pumpkin Bread Tips
Be sure to allow the bread to cool before removing it from the pan.
If you do not, it may stick to the pan, or worse, fall apart when removed.
Simply remove the bread from the oven and set the pan on a cooling rack until cool to the touch.
Once you are ready to get the bread out, run a knife around the edges to loosen it up before you flip it upside down.
What goes good on pumpkin bread?
The best way to serve this bread is warmed up with a smear of butter on top.
Trust me on this!
Once you try it you’ll never go back.
Or if you’re feeling fancy, some cinnamon honey butter…yum!
More fall favorite recipes
- Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Cups
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour OR all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil OR other neutral oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, maple syrup, oil, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until combined
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Grease a loaf pan and pour batter in, smoothing out the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 - 65 minutes, until set
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan
- Serve warm with butter on top
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 8g