Pumpkin bread is a fall staple recipe. Serve warm with butter on top and see if you can stop at one slice! Pumpkin bread from scratch is so easy and a must bake.
This is my family’s favorite pumpkin bread!
Pumpkin bread is a fall staple every year. As soon as September rolls around, I’m planning which pumpkin recipes to try, and which favorites to bake again, all while snacking on pumpkin protein balls.
The best way to serve this pumpkin bread it is warmed up with melted butter smeared generously on top. Heaven in every bite! Pumpkin bread and apple crisp bars are fall must haves.
Ingredients needed to make pumpkin bread
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- canned pumpkin
How to make homemade pumpkin bread
- Whisk the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: pumpkin, eggs, melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Grease a loaf pan and pour the pumpkin batter in.
- Bake the pumpkin bread loaf at 350 degrees for 55 – 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Tips for Success
- do not over mix the batter: over mixing batter can result in a dense and dry bread. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined for a soft and moist bread.
- allow the bread to cool in the pan first: Allow the bread to sit in the pan at least 15 minutes after baking before you try to remove it. Taking the bread out too soon may result in it falling apart
- use a butter knife: to loosen the edges of the loaf before removing it from the pan
- cool completely: allow the loaf to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before slicing to ensure the bread does not fall apart when cut
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cream Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon
- In another bowl, whisk the canned pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Do not over mix
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the pumpkin batter in
- Bake the pumpkin bread loaf at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool 15 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g