This easy Hot Chocolate Dip will be a hit at holiday parties! All the flavors of hot cocoa in a delicious sweet dessert dip! Perfect served with graham crackers and Nilla Wafers.
Every holiday season you’ll find me sipping on hot cocoa by the fireplace and watching Christmas movies.
This hot chocolate dip is one of my favorite festive desserts to serve for Christmas parties or movie night with the family!
All the flavor of cozy hot cocoa, but in a sweet dessert dip form! We love to serve this creamy dip with Nilla Wafers and graham crackers.
My kids go crazy for this cocoa dip with marshmallows!
Ingredients to make Hot Chocolate Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Hot Chocolate Mix Packets: the kind without marshmallows
- Mini Marshmallows: for topping
- For serving: Nilla Wafers, pretzels, cookies, graham crackers
How to make Hot Cocoa Dip
Step 1: Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
While many dip recipes call for cool whip, I love to make my own homemade whipped cream instead as it is so light and fluffy!
Step 2: In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
Mix the whipped cream and cream cheese together until smooth.
Step 3: Mix in the instant hot chocolate mix until smooth using a rubber spatula.
Top the hot chocolate dip with mini marshmallows and serve with Nilla Wafers and graham crackers, crackers, or cookies for dipping.
This makes such a cute dip for the holidays and is beautiful on a dessert platter.
I like to serve mine in a bowl surrounded with all of our dippers.
My personal favorite was the Nilla Wafers dipped into the hot chocolate dip. I can’t get enough!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
This cocoa dip is so light, fluffy, and tastes just like hot chocolate.
It only takes a few minutes to throw together and is delicious leftover too.
Store any leftover hot cocoa dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, if it lasts that long!
This dessert dip never lasts long in our house!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3 (1.38 oz each) hot chocolate mix packs (without marshmallows in it)
- Mini marshmallows, for topping
- Nilla Wafers
- Graham Crackers
- Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy
- Fold/mix the whipped cream and cream cheese together
- Mix in the instant hot chocolate mix
- Top the hot chocolate dip with mini marshmallows and serve with nilla wafers and graham crackers, crackers, or cookies for dipping
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g