These peanut butter balls with rice krispies are sure to be a favorite dessert! Rice krispies add the best crunchy texture to this no bake sweet treat.
We all know that peanut butter balls are a favorite treat during the holidays, but have you tried peanut butter balls with rice krispies?
The rice krispies add a delicious crunch and texture, making these one of our favorite no bake treats to whip up!
All you need is just 5 ingredients to make this super simple and tasty dessert.
I’m all about easy desserts during the holidays and we love simple recipes like pecan pie balls, Christmas crack, avalanche cookies, peanut clusters, oreo balls, and ritz cracker cookies.
Ingredients to make peanut butter balls
- salted butter
- creamy no stir peanut butter
- rice krispies cereal
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
How to make peanut butter balls with rice krispies
Step 1: Use either a stand mixer or hand mixer to combine the peanut butter and melted butter until smooth.
Step 2: Add in the rice krispies until combined.
Next, add the powdered sugar.
Once the mixture becomes too hard to mix, finish mixing it together with a rubber spatula.
Step 3: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a cookie scoop to drop peanut butter balls onto the baking sheet.
Roll batter into balls with your hands to form a round shape.
Place the peanut butter balls with rice krispies in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
Step 4: Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 20-30 second increments, until smooth.
Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate then place them back onto the lined baking sheet.
Step 5: Place the balls back in the fridge and allow the chocolate to harden until firm.
How to store
Once hardened, place the peanut butter balls in an airtight bag or container and store in the fridge.
This recipe also freezes well, so if you find yourself with extra just pop them in the freezer.
This would also be a great way to make a Christmas recipe ahead of time and freeze it for a week or two until you’re ready to serve them.
I am obsessed with all things peanut butter and chocolate, and these rice krispies truffles did not disappoint!
Not only are they easy, but they taste amazing. You just can’t go wrong with a classic favorite like peanut butter balls.
More easy Christmas recipes
These are sure to be a favorite holiday candy recipe!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Need more easy dessert recipes? Be sure to try these no bake cheesecake bars!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
These are so addicting and easy enough to make a batch (or two) any time the holiday mood strikes!
You’ve got to try this chocolate and peanut butter recipe.
Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
Peanut butter balls are taken to the next level by adding in the crunchy sweetness of rice krispies. This no bake candy recipe is sure to be a favorite!
- 1 cup creamy no stir peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ½ cups rice krispies cereal
- 12 oz Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Use a kitchenaid or hand mixer to combine the peanut butter and melted butter.
- Add the rice krispies until combined
- Add the powdered sugar and mix to combine
- Once it becomes too hard to mix, finish mixing it together with a rubber spatula
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use a cookie scoop to drop peanut butter balls onto the baking sheet
- Roll the batter into balls with your hands and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave until smooth
- Dip the rice krispies peanut butter balls into the chocolate then place back onto the baking sheet
- Chill until firm
- Store leftover peanut butter balls in an airtight container for several days, or in the freezer for several weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
Sunday 22nd of January 2023
These’s amazing peanut butter balls are so darn good and easy peesy yo make. and the taste like peanut butter cup. So good