These easy Christmas Oreo balls are a holiday must have. Easy truffles made with just cream cheese and crushed Oreos.
Have you had Oreo balls before? They are so delicious!
Basically it is just a package of Oreos crushed up and mixed with a block of cream cheese.
The result is a fudgy chocolatey truffle ball that tastes almost like cake batter!
While we love Oreo balls anytime of year, Christmas is the perfect occasion for dressing them up with some holiday themed sprinkles and serving for your parties.
Ingredients to make Christmas Oreo balls
- cream cheese
- dark chocolate melting wafers
- white vanilla melting wafers
- Christmas colored sprinkles
These are so easy to make but crazy good. One of my favorite truffle recipes!
How to make Oreo balls
Step 1: Add the Oreos to a food processor.
Process the Oreos into crumbs as shown below.
If you do not have a food processor, you can crush up the Oreos in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin. You just want to get them as smushed up as possible.
Step 2: Add the softened block of cream cheese to the Oreos and pulse the food processor to combine.
If you are doing this without a food processor, use a rubber spatula to combine it by hand.
The Oreos will start to combine with the cream cheese and thicken up.
Step 3: Once the food processor has combined as much as it can, transfer the Oreo ball batter to a bowl and finish mixing it together by hand. A rubber spatula is the best tool to use for this.
Step 4: Use a cookie scoop to drop balls of batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roll the balls with your hands to form the truffle shape.
Place the Oreo balls into the fridge or freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Melt the dark chocolate melting wafers until smooth. You can do this either in the microwave or using the double boiler method.
Dip half of the Oreo balls into the melted dark chocolate and place back onto the baking sheet. Top immediately with Christmas colored sprinkles.
Step 6: Melt the white vanilla flavored melting wafers until smooth.
Dip the remaining half of the Christmas Oreo balls into the vanilla melted chocolate and place back onto the baking sheet. Top with Christmas sprinkles.
Step 6: Place the Christmas Oreo balls back in the fridge to chill until set.
Keep any leftover truffles in an airtight bag or container in the fridge or freezer.
I like to keep Oreo balls in the freezer for a quick something sweet whenever the craving strikes.
These truffles might be super easy, but the taste is incredible!
Fudgy, rich, and so addicting. I bet you can’t eat just one!
While these truffles can be left out for a bit if it isn’t too warm, they taste best chilled and should be stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Oreo balls are the perfect treat for your holiday gatherings!
More Easy Christmas recipes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 36 oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Ghiradelli Dark chocolate melting wafers
- Ghiradelli White vanilla melting wafers
- Christmas sprinkles
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process into crumbs.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the food processor and pulse to combine
- Transfer the Oreo ball mixture to a bowl and use a rubber spatula to finish combining the Oreos with cream cheese
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use a cookie scoop to place Oreo balls onto the baking sheet
- Roll the balls with your hands after scooping
- Chill the Oreo balls for 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer
- Melt the Dark chocolate melting wafers until smooth
- Dip half of the Oreo balls in dark chocolate melting wafers and top with Christmas sprinkles
- Melt the white vanilla wafers until smooth
- Dip the other half of the Oreo balls in white melting wafers and top with sprinkles
- Chill in the fridge until firm
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g