This chocolate chip cheese ball is a dessert that everyone will love! Perfect for the holidays and special occasions.
This chocolate chip cheese ball is the best dessert appetizer!
Who says cheese balls only have to be savory? This chocolate chip cheese ball might just be our favorite sweet treat that really leaves an impression.
You can pick any kind of sweet cracker or cookie to serve with it and believe me it will be a hit!
Ingredients to make a dessert cheese ball
- cream cheese
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- crushed graham cracker crumbs
- mini chocolate chips
- pecan pieces
How to make a chocolate chip cheese ball
Step 1: Add a softened block of cream cheese and the softened butter to a mixing bowl. Beat the cream cheese and butter with vanilla extract until fluffy.
For this recipe, you whip together all of the filling first except for the mini chocolate chips.We love using mini chips in this recipe for a little chocolatey crunch in every bite!
Step 2: Add the powdered sugar and crushed graham cracker crumbs to the cream cheese ball filling.
For this recipe, we are using crushed graham cracker crumbs as part of the sweetener.
I love that this recipe is not overly sweet, as you will be serving it with sweet crackers as well! The graham cracker bits really make this dessert cheese ball taste like cheesecake.
Step 3: Once the cream cheese batter is mixed, add in ½ cup of mini chocolate chips. Stir in the chocolate chips until the cheese ball batter is combined.
Step 4: cover and chill the chocolate chip cheese ball batter for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
I leave mine in a bowl covered with plastic wrap in the fridge.
Step 5: Use your hands and a rubber spatula to form the mixture into a ball. If the mixture is sticking a lot, I will often use cooking spray on my hands to help when I am doing this step.
Step 6: Next it is time to roll your cheese ball in the toppings. I used a mixture of mini chocolate chips and finely chopped up pecans.
If you want, you could do all pecans or all mini chocolate chips! Toffee bits would be another fun way to mix things up.
What to serve with a dessert cheese ball
- nilla wafers
- graham crackers
This chocolate chip cheeseball tastes like cheesecake dip! To me it felt like a cross between cookie dough batter and cheesecake flavors. So yummy!
How to store a dessert cheese ball
Store this cheese ball covered in the fridge until you are ready to eat it. Enjoy any leftovers within 3-5 days.
More desserts you will love
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Hot Chocolate Dip
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Pecan Pie Brownies
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
This is an easy and impressive dessert for all of your holiday parties! Everyone will love this yummy chocolate chip cheese ball.
For the Dessert Cheese Ball Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For rolling the cheese ball
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Beat the softened cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy
- Add the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs and beat to combine
- Fold in ½ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Cover the and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight
- Once chilled, use a rubber spatula and your hands to form the batter into a ball shape (it may help to use cooking spray to grease your hands)
- Add ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips and ⅓ cup of finely diced pecans to a bowl and roll the cheese ball to coat all sides.
- Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve
- Serve the chocolate chip cheese ball with nilla wafers, graham crackers, or other cookies of choice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g