Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies are made with a mix of white chocolate and semi sweet coated Chex cereal and crushed Oreos. A fun twist on the classic muddy buddies!
Muddy Buddies, also known as Puppy Chow, are a Christmas must have.
The basic recipe calls for melted chocolate, butter, and peanut butter mixed together with Chex and coated in powdered sugar.
Another fun muddy buddies recipe without peanut butter is this Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies recipe made with crushed up Oreos!
If you love Oreo recipes like Christmas Oreo balls, this recipe is for you.
Ingredients to make cookies and cream muddy buddies
- rice Chex cereal
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- Oreos, crushed
- powdered sugar
How to make cookies and cream muddy buddies
Step 1: Add the Oreos to a food processor. Grind them up into dust.
If you do not have a food processor, you can place the Oreos into a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them up.
Step 2: Get out two separate bowls and place 4 cups of rice Chex cereal into each one.
Step 3: Get two gallon sized bags out. In each bag place half of the Oreo dust and ½ cup of powdered sugar
Step 4: Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips until smooth, then pour over one of the bowls of Chex cereal and gently stir to combine
Add the chocolate covered Chex to one of the ziploc bags and shake to combine with the powdered sugar and crushed Oreos.
Step 5: Melt the white chocolate chips until smooth, and pour over the other bowl of Chex cereal and gently stir to combine.
Add the white chocolate covered Chex to the other ziploc bag and shake to combine with the powdered sugar and crushed Oreos.
Step 6: Combine the chocolate covered Chex cereal with the white chocolate covered Chex cereal and mix it together to form the cookies and cream muddy buddies.
How to store leftovers
Serve and enjoy! Keep any leftovers in an airtight ziploc bag for best freshness.
This recipe also keeps great in the freezer for longer lasting freshness.
These muddy buddies would make a great holiday gathering snack. Every bite is full of chocolatey Oreo flavor!
You could also chop up any leftover Oreos and place them in the Chex mix too, I mean why not?
I bet Santa would be happy if you left some of this puppy chow for him on Christmas Eve!
More easy holiday recipes
- Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- No Bake Avalanche Cookies
- Ritz Cracker Cookies
- Christmas Crack
- Graham Cracker Toffee
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 8 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 ⅓ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cups white chocolate chips
- 14 oreos, crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Use two separate bowls and place 4 cups of rice chex cereal into each one
- Use a food processor or a bag and rolling pin to crush the oreos into dust
- Get two gallon bags out. In each bag place half of the oreo dust and ½ cup of powdered sugar
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips until smooth, then pour over one of the bowls of chex cereal and gently stir to combine
- Melt the white chocolate chips until smooth, and pour over the other bowl of chex cereal and gently stir to combine
- Add the semi sweet chex to one bag and shake to combine. Add the white chocolate chex to the other gallon bag and shake to combine
- Combine the two chex bags into a large bowl and serve
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g