Easy no bake avalanche cookies are the best simple dessert made with only 5 ingredients! The perfect summer dessert when it is too hot to cook or a great holiday sweet treat to make for your family.
No bake cookies are one of the best desserts.
Especially around the holidays, I love a good Christmas tin full of homemade no bake cookies.
But instead of the traditional chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, today I am sharing these avalanche cookies.
Avalanche cookies are made with melted white chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and mini marshmallows mixed with rice krispies.
Top them with adorable mini chocolate chips and you have the perfect irresistible no bake treat!
Ingredients to make these no bake cookies
- rice krispies cereal
- mini marshmallows
- white chocolate chips
- mini semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- creamy peanut butter
How to make avalanche cookies
Step 1: Mix the rice krispies and mini marshmallows together in a bowl.
Step 2: In a medium saucepan, add the white chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
Be careful on this step as white chocolate will burn quickly. Take your time and stir constantly to make sure the chocolate melts perfectly without over cooking.
Step 3: Pour the white chocolate melted peanut butter mixture over the rice krispies and mini marshmallows and stir to combine.
A rubber spatula works best for stirring all of the sticky no bake ingredients together.
Step 4: Use a cookie scoop to drop batter onto the lined baking sheet.
You can use either wax paper or parchment paper, you just need a non stick surface for easy cleanup.
Step 5: Sprinkle tops generously with mini chocolate chips. Be sure to work quickly so that the chocolate chips stick to the tops before the white chocolate hardens.
Step 6: Chill the no bake cookies in the fridge until firm.
How to store these cookies
These store best in an airtight container in the fridge.
I have also frozen them with great results! Just allow to thaw for a few minutes before serving.
These little cookies are loaded with chocolatey rich flavor and so very simple to make.
You will impress your guests with these for sure! A great simple dessert that can be made any time of year.
More easy desserts
- No Rise Cinnamon Rolls
- Christmas Crack
- Peanut Clusters
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 ¼ cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 11 oz bag of white chocolate chips (I used ghiradelli)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy no stir peanut butter
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice krispies and mini marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan, add the white chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt over low heat, stirring constantly
- Pour the white chocolate melted peanut butter over the rice krispies and mini marshmallows and stir to combine
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the no bake batter onto the lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle the tops of the avalanche cookies generously with mini chocolate chips
- Chill in the fridge until firm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g