Easy no bake avalanche cookies are the best simple dessert made with only 5 ingredients! The perfect holiday sweet treat to make for your family.
These avalanche cookies are the best no bake dessert!
Avalanche cookies are made with melted white chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and mini marshmallows mixed with rice krispies. Top them with adorable mini chocolate chips and you have the perfect irresistible no bake treat!
Especially around Christmastime I love a good tin full of homemade no-bake cookies.
Ingredients to make these no bake cookies
- rice krispies cereal: or any crisp rice cereal
- mini marshmallows: the miniature size adds the taste of ooey gooey marshmallow to every bite
- white chocolate chips
- mini chocolate chips: semi-sweet or dark chocolate mini chocolate chips will both work
- creamy peanut butter
How to make avalanche cookies
Step 1: Mix the rice krispies and mini marshmallows together in a bowl.
Step 2: In a medium saucepan, add the white chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
Be careful on this step as white chocolate will burn quickly. Take your time and stir constantly to make sure the chocolate melts perfectly without burning.
Step 3: Pour the white chocolate melted peanut butter mixture over the rice krispies and mini marshmallows and stir to combine. A rubber spatula works best for stirring all of the sticky no bake ingredients together.
Step 4: Use a cookie scoop to drop batter onto the lined baking sheet. You can use either wax paper or parchment paper, you just need a non stick surface for easy cleanup.
Step 5: Sprinkle the tops of the no bake cookies generously with mini chocolate chips. Work quickly so that the chocolate chips stick to the tops before the white chocolate hardens.
Step 6: Chill the no bake avalanche cookies in the refrigerator until firm.
Avalanche Cookies Storage
- in the refrigerator: store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- in the freezer: store in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months. Allow to thaw for a few minutes before eating.
These little no bake cookies are loaded with white chocolate peanut butter marshmallow flavor and so very simple to make. You will impress your guests with these for sure! A great simple dessert that can be made any time of year.
More easy holiday desserts
- No Rise Cinnamon Rolls
- Hot Chocolate Dip
- Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Hungry for more no bake desserts? you need to try these no bake cheesecake bars!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Avalanche Cookies FAQs
The peanut butter can be substituted for cookie butter, sunflower seed butter, or any other smooth nut butter.
Store leftover avalanche cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week, or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 ¼ cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 11 oz bag of white chocolate chips (I used ghiradelli)
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy no stir peanut butter
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice krispies and mini marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan, add the white chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt over low heat, stirring constantly
- Pour the white chocolate melted peanut butter over the rice krispies and mini marshmallows and stir to combine
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the no bake batter onto the lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle the tops of the avalanche cookies generously with mini chocolate chips
- Chill in the fridge until firm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g