This slow cooker creamed corn is southern style comfort food! The best corn side dish for the holidays, Sunday dinner, or Thanksgiving.
Creamed corn is one of those side dishes that I could eat again and again.
This slow cooker creamed corn is a no fuss recipe that is perfect when you need to save oven space.
We like making this recipe for busy cooking holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any kind of birthday party of cookout.
Not only is it low mess, but you only have to stir it a few times and the crock pot does all of the work for you. The end result is creamy cheesy buttery delicious creamed corn.
- frozen sweet corn kernels
- cream cheese
- unsalted butter
- parmesan cheese: freshly grated
How to make creamed corn in the slow cooker
Step 1: Add the frozen corn kernels to a 4 quart sized slow cooker. Pour the milk over the corn and sprinkle the salt on top.
Step 2: Cut the block of cream cheese into square chunks and place them on top of the frozen corn.
Step 3: Cut the butter into slices and place them on top of the corn also. Do not stir. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 1.5 hours.
Step 4: Stir the now melted cream cheese and butter into the creamed corn until combined. Cook an additional 15-30 minutes, until everything is melted and creamy.
Once the corn is finished, stir in the fresh grated parmesan cheese and let it melt before serving.
This easy corn recipe is rich and creamy and so delicious everyone will want seconds!
It’s easy to make and only requires a few basic pantry ingredients.
I’m a big fan of slow cooker recipes as they are just so darn easy and free up much needed oven space. Or they’re great to set and forget when you just don’t feel like cooking!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
I love this hearty creamed corn as is and it has such a delicious cheesy rich creamy flavor.
Some people prefer a little bit of sugar in their creamed corn, so if that is you I would suggest adding just 1 teaspoon and going from there. You won’t need much!
This is one corn dish that everyone always asks for the recipe. Make this the next time you need a yummy easy side dish!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 30 oz frozen sweet corn
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Add the frozen corn kernels to a 4 quart slow cooker. Pour the milk over the corn and sprinkle the salt on top.
- Cut the block of cream cheese into chunks and slice the butter into pats
- Place the cream cheese chunks and butter slices on top of the corn. Do not stir. Place the lid on and turn the crock pot to high for 1.5 hours
- Stir the melted butter and cream cheese into the creamed corn, then slo cook for another 15-30 minutes, until hot and creamy. Once the corn is done, stir in the fresh parmesan cheese until melted before serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 8g