Delicious Vegetarian Burrito Bowl Recipe with rice, beans, and fresh veggies.
Happy New Year guys!
I know, I know it’s already January 5th, but I haven’t blogged in so long that I wanted to wish you all a happy 2018!
One of my favorite things about a new year is that it is a fresh start, a clean slate, a limitless possibility for change.
In years past, I would go as far to swear off New Year’s resolutions all together, but this year is different.
2017 brought many changes for me, but one of the biggest was that I finally found my work at home groove.
If you follow me on instagram, you might have seen back in July that I printed off numbered charts to cross off my goals that I set to finish before the new year.
Those seemingly silly little charts were a game changer in keeping me accountable for my goals.
If you’re like me and need to see tangible progress, I highly recommend it.
Something as simple as marking off another x on my chart would motivate me to finish that recipe, to edit that video, or to squeeze in a 20 minute workout.
One of my husband’s New Year’s resolutions is to eat healthier.
Although we are both vegetarian and eat healthy by the standard of the average american, we both can tend to snack on too many chips and processed foods.
Robbie wants to get back in peak running shape this year so that he can complete several 50ks and a 50 miler.
This vegetarian burrito bowl recipe was our lunch today and it was SO good.
Think chipotle copycat, but better.
Full of healthy fats, fresh veggies, and fluffy rice (anybody else obsessed with their rice cooker?!)
For a low carb option, this would also be amazing with cilantro lime cauliflower rice.
I bough a pound of mini bell peppers at Aldi’s and they were perfect for these burrito bowls.
We topped ours with sour cream, freshly grated colby jack cheese, and a little salsa and served with tortilla chips as the “dippers.”
This is a great meatless high protein meal and is so simple to make.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me in your recipe creations on instagram @buildyourbite!
If you love healthy meatless mexican recipes, be sure to check these out!
- Enchilada Tofu Burrito Bowls
- Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole
- Best Ever Veggie Enchiladas
- 5 Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 30 Minute Sweet Potato Refried Bean Nachos
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Click below to pin this vegetarian burrito bowl recipe:
- 1 lb mini sweet bell peppers, sliced (around 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 5 cups cooked white rice
- sour cream
- freshly grated colby jack cheese
- sliced avocado
- Cook rice according to package instructions (I used a rice cooker)
- Add bell peppers, onion, garlic, and olive oil to a large skillet
- Sauté on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, until onion is translucent
- Add beans, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder and stir to combine
- Heat an additional 2-3 minutes, until hot
- Spoon veggie mixture over rice and serve with sliced avocado, sour cream, salsa, and colby jack cheese
- Dip with tortilla chips for extra crunch!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 807mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 12gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g
nutrition information is calculated automatically and may not be completely accurate