Every summer rolls around and I can’t wait to get my hands on the tons of super cheap fresh corn that stocks the shelves of the produce aisle.
When I can get 3 ears of corn for only $1 you better bet I’ll be buying it in bulk all summer long!
Corn is one of my favorite summer veggies, but I don’t often enjoy it in the traditional corn on the cob way.
Don’t get me wrong, I love corn on the cob, but I usually don’t want to take the time to make it myself (and really it tastes best on the grill.)
I love how fresh corn straight from the cob is.
I love using it in tacos, scrambled in with my eggs, and (my favorite) – cooked in butter until slightly crispy in the skillet.
I love corn on the cob, but hate how it sticks in my teeth.
This buttery skillet corn has all of the flavor I love and is easier to prepare and to eat!
I use a knife to cut the corn straight off the cob and into the skillet.
We love eating this corn as a side with dishes like my Parmesan and White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes for a delicious seasonal meal. Fresh parsley on top is my favorite way to finish this off!
What’s your favorite summer veggie? Let me know in the comments!
- 3 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut corn kernels from the cob and set aside
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
- Add corn, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Sautee on medium high heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until corn begins to crisp
- Serve garnished with additional parsley if desired