You can’t go wrong with this classic favorite broccoli casserole recipe. Creamy broccoli and mushrooms are topped with sharp cheddar cheese and crushed ritz cracker topping!
Helloooo comfort food!
This broccoli casserole recipe is where it’s at.
Ultra creamy, easy to make, and topped with a delicious sharp cheddar ritz topping!
Broccoli and cheese are the perfect match in this casserole, and we love it as much as we do broccoli cheese soup.
This is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving table this year.
how to make broccoli casserole
First, start off with a fresh flavor base of finely chopped mushrooms, fresh garlic, and diced yellow onion.
Cook until soft, then add it to a bowl along with the sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, frozen broccoli, and one cup of the sharp cheddar cheese.
Give it all a stir until it is totally combined and the broccoli is coated.
Be sure not to skip grating the cheddar cheese yourself, as it is so much fresher and the flavor is so delicious!
Grease a small casserole dish, then pour the casserole in.
Top with the remaining one cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Crush up one sleeve of ritz crackers and crumble it over the top of the casserole.
Bake your broccoli mushroom casserole at 350 for around 30 minutes, or until the ritz crackers are browned and the filling is nice and bubbly.
Just look at that delicious cheesy ritz cracker crust!
The perfect complement to the creamy rich broccoli filling.
We can’t get enough of this broccoli casserole!
It is pure comfort food in every single bite.
This is one dish you will be fighting for seconds!
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Skillet Corn Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Creamy Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers, crushed
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, onion, olive oil, and salt to a skillet
- Cook over medium high heat for around 10 minutes, until the mushrooms evaporate their liquid and cook down
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, broccoli, and the mushroom onion mixture
- Grease a small casserole dish and pour in the broccoli casserole
- Top with remaining 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle crushed ritz crackers over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 35 minutes, until browned and bubbly
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463 Total Fat: 36g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 960mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 22g