I loved whipping up my Healthy Peanutbutter Freezer Fudge and it definitely got me in the holiday baking mood!
Once I started eating healthier, I still bought healthier brands of chocolate peanut butter cups, and they are still one of my favorite desserts.
I’m not a fussy cook, so I like to make my recipes as easy as possible, and these are definitely easy!
If you want to impress your friends/family/neighbors/ pretty much anyone in your life, make these.
I’m serious, they will LOVE them…that is if you don’t eat the whole batch yourself first 😉
- 10 oz bag of semi sweet dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all natural peanutbutter, chilled in the fridge (only ingredients should be peanuts and salt)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a saucepan and heat on low heat, until melted
- Add 10 oz bag of chocolate chips, stirring on low heat, until melted (can take 5 minutes) *be sure not to burn chocolate and only melt on low*
- Once chocolate is melted, add in ¼ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Once chocolate mixture is stirred and melted, line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners
- Pour 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture in the bottom of each muffin liner
- Place muffin tin in freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until chocolate is set
- While chocolate is hardening, make the peanut butter mixture
- Add ¾ cup of chilled peanutbutter (see note above) to a bowl *note - peanut butter should be thick not drippy)
- Add maple syrup, sea salt, and coconut palm sugar and stir with a fork until well combined
- Mixture should be very thick and dry (should not leave stickiness on your hands when touched)
- Remove muffin tin from freezer and place 1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture on top of each layer of chocolate, pressing down with your fingers to spread evenly
- Drizzle one teaspoon of chocolate mixture over the tops of each muffin cup, making sure to cover the tops well
- Freeze for 15 minutes, or until chocolate is set
- Store in freezer or fridge (note - if left in freezer long leave out for a minute or so to soften slightly)