Lightly spiced and perfectly moist, these easy applesauce muffins will quickly become one of your favorite muffin recipes!
These applesauce muffins will be one of your new favorite breakfast and snack recipes.
Made with unsweetened applesauce and just the right amount of sweetener, they are so delicious and soft.
My kids love these, and they are so simple to make with ingredients that you have in your pantry!
Perfect for packing in a lunchbox, eating for a quick breakfast, or enjoying with your afternoon coffee.
They are a classic favorite and everyone loves them.
It’s a toss up between these and my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins which are my kids’ favorite!
- unsweetened applesauce
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- sugar and brown sugar
How to make applesauce muffins
Step 1: Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Step 2: Stir together the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, milk and unsweetened applesauce.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir until just combined.
Do not over mix the batter. We want them to be light and fluffy!
Step 4: Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
My personal favorite muffin liners are the parchment paper ones. Nothing sticks to them ever!
Divide the applesauce muffin batter evenly into the 12 cups.
Step 5: Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove the applesauce muffins onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely before storing.
These are delicious as is, or add a smear of butter on top!
These applesauce muffins will make your kitchen smell so cozy with the smell of apples and cinnamon.
Make a batch of these to enjoy this week!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Easy Banana Bread Muffins
- Classic Banana Bread
- Mini Pancake Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- Mini Banana Muffins
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
These applesauce muffins are the perfect recipe to make using ingredients from your pantry!
Perfectly soft and moist, these delicious applesauce muffins are sure to be a favorite snack!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Stir together the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, milk and unsweetened applesauce in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Divide the muffin batter into a lined muffin tin
- Bake the applesauce muffins at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g