These greek yogurt blueberry muffins are perfectly light and fluffy and bursting with juicy fresh blueberries in every bite.
Using greek yogurt in muffins is the best secret for perfectly soft and fluffy, protein packed muffins that taste incredible!
Just take for example these Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins (my kids’ fave), and the best Healthy Chocolate Muffins and Blueberry Mini Muffins, all made with greek yogurt.
For this recipe, we are using whole milk greek yogurt.
Fresh lemon zest is a must in blueberry muffins and this recipe tastes so yummy, like a fresh baked muffin straight from the bakery.
These are sure to become one of your favorite weekend treats to bake!
Ingredients to make Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- plain whole milk greek yogurt
- olive oil
- vanilla extract
- fresh blueberries
- lemon zest
- baking powder
- baking soda
- all purpose flour
How to make greek yogurt blueberry muffins
Step 1: In a bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients: all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Step 2: Whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl: plain greek yogurt, lemon zest, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and olive oil.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined (do not over mix).
Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
Step 4: Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. I prefer to use parchment paper liners, as they never stick.
If you use regular muffin liners, spray them with cooking spray to help the blueberry muffins not stick.
Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the 12 muffin tins.
Step 5: Bake the yogurt blueberry muffins at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove the muffins onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Do blueberry muffins need to be refrigerated?
I prefer to refrigerate my muffins for keeping the quality the best.
Once totally cooled, transfer your muffins to an airtight bag or container, and store in the fridge for 1-3 days.
When you are ready to eat one, pop it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm it up!
Greek yogurt makes these muffins so light and airy and the perfect texture.
I love using yogurt in muffins for this reason and these are the best blueberry muffins!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Looking for more easy muffin recipes? Be sure to try these Applesauce Muffins and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
These yogurt blueberry muffins are perfectly soft, fluffy, and so yummy!
- 1 cup whole milk plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the olive oil, vanilla, lemon zest, Greek yogurt, and sugar until combined
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined , then fold in the blueberries
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners and distribute the blueberry muffin batter evenly into the cups
- Bake the greek yogurt blueberry muffins at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely, then store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 1-3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
Tuesday 1st of March 2022
It was probably the honey, these should not be squishy and uncooked.