These greek yogurt blueberry muffins are packed full of protein and so light and delicious!
Using greek yogurt in muffins is the best secret for perfectly soft and fluffy, protein packed muffins that taste incredible!
For this recipe, we are using whole greek yogurt.
The only important thing to remember is to buy the unsweetened variety of yogurt, not the flavored kind.
How to make greek yogurt blueberry muffins
Step 1: in a bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
You can use either all purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour for this recipe.
Step 2: whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl: greek yogurt, lemon zest, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and olive oil.
Step 3: add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined (do not over mix). Then gently fold in the blueberries.
Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. I prefer to use parchment paper liners, as they never stick.
If you use regular muffin liners, spray them with cooking spray to help the muffins not stick.
Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the 12 muffin tins.
Step 4: Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Do blueberry muffins need to be refrigerated?
I prefer to refrigerate my muffins for keeping the quality the best.
Once totally cooled, transfer your muffins to an airtight bag or container, and store in the fridge for 1-3 days.
When you are ready to eat one, pop it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm it up!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Blueberry Recipes
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup whole greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the olive oil, vanilla, lemon zest, Greek yogurt, and sugar until combined
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined , then fold in the blueberries
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners and distribute the batter evenly into the cups
- Bake the greek yogurt blueberry muffins at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely, then store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 1-3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g