This brussels sprouts gratin recipe is cozy, super cheesy, and all things delicious. Guaranteed to turn anyone into a brussels sprouts lover!
Brussels Sprouts are one vegetable that you know you should eat more of, but quite frankly may not want to.
Enter this incredible recipe!
When you taste one bite that is the deliciousness of brussels sprouts gratin, you will suddenly find yourself saying that you love eating this veggie, maybe even for the first time!
How to make brussels sprouts gratin
First, start off with a pound of brussels sprouts.
Cut off the ends, and remove a few outer leaves from each brussel.
Cut each brussel sprout into thirds, as pictured below.
You could cut them in half, but I love that they get an even yummier texture when super thin like this!
Place the brussels in a small baking dish and spray with olive oil.
Roast for around 20 minutes, until softened.
While your brussels are roasting, it’s time to make that yummy cheese sauce!
Start with fresh garlic and onion for flavor, then stir in some heavy cream, sharp white cheddar, and salt and pepper.
When the brussels have finished cooking, pour the white cheddar cream sauce over the top and sprinkle on the remaining sharp white cheddar.
Bake again for around 15 minutes, or until the edges are crusty and the top is a delicious crust of bubbly browning cheese!
This is a great side for dinner and I promise even if you have never liked brussels sprouts, you will go crazy after tasting one bite.
Give it a try for dinner this week!
More side dish recipes
- Brussels Sprouts Chips
- Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
- Famous Crispy Potato Casserole
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Brussels Sprouts Gratin Recipe
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut off ends of the brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves
- Cut each brussel into thirds, or in half for small ones (see pictures in the post for reference)
- Place sliced brussels sprouts in a small baking dish and spray with olive oil
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- While brussels are cooking, add garlic and onion to a skillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook over medium high heat for 5 - 10 minutes, until onion is soft
- add cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt, and pepper and stir to combine
- Pour the onion/cheese sauce mixture over the brussels sprouts
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g