Easy peanut butter cookies made from boxed cake mix. Soft, chewy, and delicious! All you need is a box of yellow cake mix and 3 simple ingredients.
With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes, you can make the easiest soft and chewy peanut butter cookies ever using a box of your favorite yellow cake mix from duncan hines, betty crocker, etc.
We are a big fan of cake mix desserts as a time saving hack.
Using pantry ingredients to make baked goods that taste homemade? Yes please!
These cake mix chocolate chip cookies are one of our favorite boxed yellow cake mix recipes and inspired me to make a peanut butter version.
Some of our favorite recipes made with cake mix include cake mix blueberry muffins, cake mix brownies, cake mix banana muffins, cake mix cookie bars, cake mix chocolate chip muffins, and cake mix banana bread.
Ingredients to make cake mix peanut butter cookies
- creamy no stir peanut butter
- olive oil: or vegetable oil
- box of yellow cake mix: any brand you have. You will need the 15 oz size
How to make peanut butter cookies with cake mix
Step 1: Add the creamy peanut butter, oil, and eggs to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
Step 2: add the box of yellow cake mix and mix well.
Step 3: Use a mini cookie scoop to drop balls of batter onto a baking sheet.
Step 4: Use your hands to roll the balls of dough.
Step 5: Using a fork, do a criss cross pattern on each ball of dough, pressing the top down slightly.
Step 6: Bake the peanut butter cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool the cake mix cookies for 2-3 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Serve these cookies with a tall glass of milk for an after school snack, the possibilities are endless!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Now you know the secret to the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies: cake mix! Try these the next time you need a quick dessert.
- 15 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy no stir peanut butter
- ⅓ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Beat together the eggs, peanut butter, and oil until combined. Add the cake mix in slowly until the batter is mixed together
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a nonstick baking sheet
- Use a fork to press down on each cookie in a criss cross
- Bake the cake mix peanut butter cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool the cookies for 2-3 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g