These cake mix pumpkin cookies are made with a box of spice cake mix and 3 simple pantry ingredients. An easy and delicious cake mix dessert for fall!
These are the easiest pumpkin cookies!
- just 4 ingredients: all you need to make easy pumpkin cookies is cake mix, canned pumpkin, chocolate chips, and an egg
- full of pumpkin flavor: filled with delicious pumpkin spice flavor in every bite, these cookies make the best seasonal dessert!
- easy cake mix dessert: Cake mix recipes are one of the best ways to make homemade baked treats in a fraction of the time
I love how easy these recipes are to make and the prep work is so fast! Soon your kitchen will be filled with delicious pumpkin spice floating through the air.
Ingredients to make cake mix pumpkin cookies
- Spice Cake Mix
- Canned Pumpkin: not pumpkin pie filling
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips: or dark chocolate chips
How to make cake mix pumpkin cookies
Step 1: Pour the bag of spice cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add the pumpkin puree and egg and mix together until the batter is completely combined.
This will look very thick at first, but just keep stirring and it all comes together. I find a rubber spatula to be the easiest tool for mixing these pumpkin cookies.
Step 3: Fold in the semi sweet chocolate chips into the pumpkin cake mix batter using your rubber spatula.
Step 4: Drop and shape the pumpkin batter into balls on a baking sheet. The pumpkin cookies will not change shape much, so shaping here will ensure more evenly sized cookies.
Step 5: Bake the cake mix pumpkin cookies at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes, until they no longer look gooey on top. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the pan before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are soft and chewy and full of pumpkin spice flavor with rich melted chocolate chips mixed in. This recipe makes over 30 cookies and they will disappear fast!
They are so easy to make that this would be a great fall baking activity to do with kids who love to help.
All you you need is just one bowl and about 10 minutes to have these yummy cookies in the oven!
Next time you are in the fall baking mood whip up a batch of these easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Cake Mix Pumpkin Cookies FAQs
Leftover pumpkin cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Nope! You will only use the box of cake mix itself, plus the other ingredients listed on the recipe card below.
Any flavor of cake mix will work for this recipe. If you have white or yellow cake mix on hand, use that and add in pumpkin pie spice if you want more pumpkin flavor to your cookies.
- 15 oz spice cake mix
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 ¼ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Mix together the spice cake mix, egg, and pumpkin until smooth
- Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula
- Shape the cookie batter into balls and place on a on a baking sheet
- Bake the cake mix pumpkin cookies at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes, until they no longer look gooey on top.
- Cool 2 minutes on the pan before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g