Chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzels are an easy and delicious holiday treat! Made with only 5 ingredients, and can easily be made vegan or gluten free.
Chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzels are a great last minute holiday dessert that you can throw together in minutes!
Let’s be honest, who does not love pretzels and chocolate together?
Add in peanut butter and it’s even more delicious!
How to make chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzels
Step 1: beat together the creamy peanut butter and softened butter in a bowl.
To make vegan friendly: use vegan butter.
Step 2: Add in the powdered sugar and brown sugar, then mix to combine.
A note here about how much sugar to add.
This is really personal preference.
I did not want mine to be overly sweet, so I only used ¼ cup of both brown sugar and powdered sugar.
This results in sticky peanut butter, not dry.
If you prefer the dryer texture and more sweetness, simply add more powdered sugar to your liking!
Step 3: Line a baking sheet with wax paper and make your stuffed peanut butter pretzels.
Add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter filling to each pretzel, using a measuring spoon with another spoon to scoop it out.
If you use more powdered sugar and the filling is dry, you can use your hands.
Place another pretzel on top of each one to make a pretzel peanut butter sandwich.
Place the stuffed pretzels in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
Step 4: Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, until smooth.
Step 5: Dip each pretzel half in the chocolate, then place back on the baking sheet.
Once finished, place the pretzels back in the fridge or freezer until hardened.
How to store stuffed chocolate dipped pretzels
After the chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzels are hardened, transfer them to an airtight bag or container.
Keep in the fridge or freezer (they will keep longer in the freezer).
These little bites are so delicious!
They are easy to customize to your sweetness level and every bite is full of peanut butter chocolatey goodness.
How to make this recipe gluten free
To make these chocolate pretzel bites gluten free, simply use gluten free pretzels instead of regular ones.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More easy dessert recipes
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ¾ cup creamy no stir peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ - ¾ cup powdered sugar**
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips
- Beat softened butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl
- Add brown sugar and powdered sugar (see notes below about how much I added), then mix the filling until combined
- Form sandwiches by adding 1 teaspoon of peanut butter filling onto each pretzel. If your filling is sticky, do this using the measuring spoon and another spoon to scoop it out onto the pretzel. Top with an additional pretzel to make a sandwich
- Place the stuffed pretzels on a wax paper lined baking sheet
- Once finished, place the stuffed pretzels in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth
- Dip each pretzel sandwich halfway in the chocolate, then place back on the baking sheet
- Allow the chocolate shell to harden in the fridge or freezer for an hour or so.
- Once hardened, store the chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzels in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (they will keep longer in the freezer)
** You can add sugar to your desired sweetness. I wanted less sweet, so I only used ¼ cup each of powdered sugar and brown sugar. This results in a stickier peanut butter batter. For a more dry peanut butter filling, add powdered sugar until desired sweetness and dryness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 35 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
nutritional information may not be accurate for varying amounts of pretzels and powdered sugar used.