Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars are a holiday dessert that tastes like a million bucks. Layers of pretzels, easy homemade caramel, and topped with semi sweet chocolate chips and crushed pretzels. This Christmas treat is so simple and everyone will love it!
These chocolate caramel pretzel bars are a holiday dessert that is sure to be a favorite in your family.
It’s the next level cousin to my salted chocolate pretzel bark which is equally delicious.
How to make chocolate caramel pretzel bars
Step 1: line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then add 3 cups of whole pretzels and spread them out evenly.
Step 2: Add butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan on the stove and bring it to a boil.
Once boiling, stir for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thick.
This is our super easy caramel/toffee layer that makes these bars stick together!
Step 3: Bake the caramel covered pretzels in the oven for 4 – 5 minutes, until bubbly on the edges.
Step 4: Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle on a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips.
Step 5: Allow the chocolate chips to sit for 5 minutes, then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly over the pretzels.
Step 6: Sprinkle on one cup of crushed pretzels on top, the it’s time to chill!
Chill the pretzel bars for an hour or two, until hardened.
You can do this in either the fridge or freezer.
It does not matter, you just need to let the pretzel bars cool long enough that they are hard and not still sticky.
Once hardened, use your hands to break up the pretzel bark into pieces.
Store leftovers in an airtight ziploc bag in the freezer.
While these are delicious straight from the fridge, I find the texture most delicious when frozen!
These bars are insanely delicious! So simple and taste gourmet.
You have to add these to your holiday baking list!
It’s a toss up whether these or my pecan pie bars are my current favorite holiday treat for my sweet tooth.
More Holiday Sweets you will love
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Peanut Clusters
- Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
- Pecan Pie Brownies
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 3 cups whole pretzels
- 1 cup crushed pretzel pieces
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the 3 cups of whole pretzels over to cover the pan evenly
- Add butter and brown sugar to a sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Boil 2 - 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thick
- Pour over pretzels and us a rubber spatula to spread it out
- Place pan in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 4 - 5 minutes, until edges are bubbly
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle on the whole bag of chocolate chips on top
- Allow chocolate chips to sit for 5 minutes and melt, then use a rubber spoon or spatula to spread the chocolate out to cover the pretzels
- Sprinkle the crushed pretzels on top of the melted chocolate
- Place pan in fridge or freezer until set, around an hour or two.
- Once hardened, use your hands to break the bars into pieces
- Store leftovers in an airtight bag in the freezer until ready to eat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g