This Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl is a plant based dinner that tastes like Chipotle! Make your own burrito bowls at home with black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, fajita veggies, and guacamole.
Burrito bowls with cauliflower rice have been one of our favorite dinners lately.
This plant based meal is so flavorful, full of veggies, and tastes just as good as Chipotle!
What goes in this cauliflower rice burrito bowl
You will find all of these recipes linked in the recipe card.
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice: this is my favorite way to sneak in more veggies! Cauliflower rice is so flavorful when seasoned with fresh lime and cilantro.
- Black Beans: always a favorite for burrito bowls. You can use any kind of bean here that you want.
- Fajita Veggies: Yes, just like Chipotle! Learn how to make homemade fajita veggies at home in just 15 minutes.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes: one of my favorite ways to enjoy perfectly roasted cubes of sweet potato is in a burrito bowl.
- Guacamole: a must have! Easy homemade restaurant style guac.
You can also add more protein to this meal easily. We love to add crispy tofu!
How to make Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls
Step 1: Prepare the sweet potatoes and place in the oven. These will take the longest to cook.
Step 2: While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare the cilantro lime cauliflower rice and fajita veggies on the stove.
Add the spices to the black beans and warm them up in a sauce pan until heated throughout.
Step 3: Once everything is almost done, mix up the guacamole right before serving.
You want to avoid any browning here, and guacamole is best eaten right away.
Cauliflower Rice in burrito bowls are so delicious and one of my favorite ways to add even more veggies to dinner.
I recommend buying the already riced cauliflower from the produce section for this recipe.
Fajita veggies are made simply with red onion, bell pepper, oil, salt, and oregano.
After a few minutes of cooking these fajita veggies your kitchen will be smelling just like Chipotle!
Then it’s time to assemble your bowls and top them however you please!
My homemade guacamole recipe is the best!
Making your own guacamole is easy and really takes all the flavors of the burrito bowl to the next level.
Tip: If you are making this for just 2 – 3 adults, I would make a have batch of the guacamole.
Then when eating leftovers the next day, mix up another half batch.
Guac is really best when eaten fresh, so we do this and it is well worth the extra few minutes.
It really doesn’t take long to make!
Burrito Bowl Toppings
I often just squeeze lime on top of this cauliflower rice burrito bowl and devour it as is.
But here’s your chance to make it your own!
Add these toppings or your own to really build your ultimate bowl.
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Lime Juice
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl
These plant based cauliflower rice burrito bowls taste just as good as Chipotle! Easy burrito bowls with guacamole, black beans, sweet potatoes, and fajita veggies.
- 1 batch Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 batch Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 batch Fajita Veggies
- 1 batch Homemade Guacamole
For the Black Beans
- 15 oz canned black beans, slightly drained
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Prepare the roasted sweet potatoes and place in the oven.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, make the fajita veggies and cilantro lime cauliflower rice on the stove top according to the instructions given on the recipe posts.
- To prepare the black beans, slightly drain one can and place in a small sauce pan. Add the seasonings and stir over low heat until warmed
- Once everything is almost done, prepare the guacamole right before serving
- Serve burrito bowls with cauliflower rice, guacamole, fajita veggies, sweet potatoes, and black beans
- Garnish with fresh lime juice, salsa, cheese, sour cream, or toppings of choice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 1152mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 15gSugar: 15gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are estimated and will vary based on quantities used.