This oven roasted crinkle cut frozen carrots recipe is an easy side dish for dinner!
No need to thaw, and barely any prep work.
Perfect carrot side dish for when you need a veggie for your dinner!
This crinkle cut frozen carrots recipe is one of my new favorite dinner time hacks.
Including a veggie with dinner when it is not in the main dish has always been a struggle for me.
Dinner is always a blur of hurrying to not miss that window where my toddler will actually eat before melting down, so I don’t have time most nights for an elaborately thought out meal.
I made these crinkle cut carrots last week and my husband and I polished off the entire batch with dinner.
We loved them so much that we had them twice in one week!
Honestly, I am craving them just thinking about it.
They are sweet and savory, and best of all, incredibly easy to make!
How to make roasted frozen carrots:
You will need a 12 oz bag of frozen crinkle cut carrots.
I bought mine at target for less than $1 – bonus points, this recipe is also super affordable!
Mix together your honey, olive oil, and spices until combined.
Place the frozen carrots on a baking sheet and toss with the dressing.
Spread out into an even layer on the baking sheet.
Roast at 425 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, checking to stir/flip every 10ish minutes.
These are NOT crispy, but the texture we are going for here is juicy caramelized carrots that are sweet and savory, and have just enough bite to not be mushy.
I am not usually a sweet veggie lover, but I am obsessed with the subtle sweetness from the carrots combined with the honey!
Honestly, the fact that this was the favorite part of our dinner speaks for itself.
Our new favorite “lazy” dinner is now a batch of these roasted frozen carrots, Annie’s organic mac and cheese (because, toddler), and meatless chicken strips.
Easy, convenient, and healthy-ish. Everyone needs a fall back simple meal!
More easy side dish recipes
Oven roasted frozen broccoli is another one of my favorite super easy vegetable side dishes. Very similar to these carrots, it takes only minutes to prep!
If you’re a mushroom lover, these garlic butter roasted mushrooms will be your new favorite way to make them!
Be sure to pin these crinkle cut carrots for later!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Frozen Carrots Recipe:
- 12 oz bag of frozen crinkle cut carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, honey, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper until well combined
- Place carrots on a large baking sheet and toss with the mixture until well combined
- Spread carrots out into an even layer
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes, until caramelized and hot. Stir/flip every 10 minutes
- These carrots are not intended to be crispy, the texture is more of a caramelized carrot with a little bite (no mushy carrots!)
- This will serve 2 - 3 people. In our house two adults will eat the entire batch we love them THAT much.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 420mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 16g Protein: 1g