This easy maple pecan pie recipe is made without corn syrup! Instead, this decadently delicious pie is made using real pure maple syrup. A holiday must have!
Pecan pie is a must have for the holidays.
But maybe you are wondering how to make a delicious pecan pie without corn syrup?
This recipe is for you. Just like our pecan pie bars, this recipe uses pure maple syrup to sweeten them and no corn syrup.
It just isn’t Thanksgiving or Christmas without a piece of ooey gooey pecan pie.
Ingredients to make pecan pie without corn syrup
- pure maple syrup
- heavy cream
- all purpose flour
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- pecan halves
- pie crust
How to make pecan pie without corn syrup
Step 1: make the filling for the pecan pie.
In a bowl, mix together the pure maple syrup, heavy cream, flour, vanilla extract, salt, melted butter, eggs, and brown sugar.
Note: this is real maple syrup, not breakfast syrup.
Any variety of pure maple syrup will do, dark or light amber, grade a or grade b maple syrup.
Step 2: Line a store bought pie crust with the pecan halves.
Step 3: Pour the maple pecan filling evenly over the pecans into the pie crust.
Step 4: Bake the pecan pie at 350 degrees for 45 – 55 minutes, until the pie is hardly jiggly in the middle.
Step 5: cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge.
While you can serve this pie at room temperature, I have found it cuts best and has the best texture when it has been refrigerated.
Serve your pecan pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
This pie is even better made without corn syrup. It is perfectly sweet, and has that ooey gooey filling that is simply perfect.
Maple pecan pie is a must have for your holiday celebrations!
Can I make my own pie crust?
Yes, you can. If you have a favorite pie crust recipe, simply prepare it as you would another pie and follow the steps the same way.
Is it ok to leave pecan pie out overnight?
Pecan pie should only be kept at room temperature up to two hours. Then it needs to be placed in the fridge. Due to the eggs, this pie is not meant to sit out.
How long does pecan pie last?
Pecan pie lasts around 3 – 4 days in the refrigerator, if it isn’t eaten first!
To store the pie, cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. I personally like using press and seal to store my leftover pies.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More holiday desserts
- Pumpkin Cream Pie
- Christmas Crack
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Peanut Clusters
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 store bought pie crust
- Follow instructions on your pie crust for pre baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the maple syrup, heavy cream, flour, vanilla, salt, melted butter, eggs, and brown sugar
- After following instructions for your pie crust prior to baking, place the pecan halves inside the pie crust
- Pour the maple pecan filling over the top of the pecans
- Bake the pecan pie at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes, until the center is hardly jiggly
- Allow the pie to cool to room temperature, or for two hours. After two hours, place the pie in the fridge to store. While you can serve the pie at room temperature, I have found it cuts best after being refrigerated. This also makes it a great make ahead pie.
- Store leftover pie covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the fridge for 3 - 4 days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g