These delicious ooey gooey pecan pie bars with shortbread crust are a holiday must have dessert!
You’ll love this Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
These maple pecan pie bars are a holiday must have! This classic favorite dessert uses the filling from this pecan pie without corn syrup.
Maple brown sugar pecan pie filling is poured over a homemade shortbread crust and baked in the oven until set. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for an impressively delicious pecan treat!
Ingredients for Shortbread Pecan Bars
- All-purpose Flour
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown sugar
- Real maple syrup: no corn syrup is needed for this recipe!
- Heavy whipping cream
- Chopped pecans
- Vanilla extract
How to make Pecan Pie Bars with Shortbread Crust
First, start by making the shortbread crust. This is the same crust that I use for my Apple Crisp Bars recipe.
Step 1: Mix together the flour, butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla until combined.
Step 2: Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper (trust me, this makes it so much easier to get them out). Use your hands to press the shortbread crust batter into the bottom of the pan, then bake until golden and beginning to brown.
Step 3: While the crust is cooking, stir together the pecan bar filling. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, pure maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, vanilla, and salt. Once mixed, fold in the chopped pecan pieces.
Step 4: Once the crust is finished baking, pour the maple pecan bar filling over the top. Bake the pecan pie bars for around 30 – 35 more minutes.
How to know when your Shortbread Pecan Bars are done
Once the edges are browned and the middle looks firm (moving the pan side to side does not result in the bars jiggling), your pecan bars are done.
Right around 35 minutes was perfect for mine. Once the pan has cooled, place it in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Pecan Bar Recipe Tips
- Buy pecan pieces: Save time chopping up pecans and buy the pre-chopped ones you can find in the baking aisle.
- Line the pan: Lining your baking dish with parchment paper makes getting the bars out to cut so much easier.
- Buy real maple syrup: These ooey gooey pecan bars use real maple syrup instead of corn syrup which gives them an extra boost of flavor.
- Refrigerate before cutting: Serving these for a party? Place the cooled bars into the refrigerator for several hours and they will be much easier to cut into pretty squares.
How to store Pecan Pie Bars
Allow the bars to cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container. Leftover pecan pie bars will store well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Cream Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Christmas Crack
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Peanut Clusters
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars
- Cranberry Eggnog Bread
This has become one of my favorite recipes for the holidays! Ooey gooey pecan pie bars are a must.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
For the Shortbread Crust
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Pecan Pie Bar Filling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix together all ingredients for the crust - flour, butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla, until combined
- Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Use your hands to press the shortbread crust batter smoothly into the pan
- Bake at 300 degrees for 22 - 25 minutes, until edges are golden and beginning to brown
- In a large bowl, mix together the pecan pie bar filling - the eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, vanilla, and salt
- Once mixed, stir in the pecan pieces
- When the shortbread crust is done baking, pour the pecan pie bar filling over the top
- Turn the oven up to 350 degrees and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until set and hardly jiggly in the center. The edges should be browned
- Remove the pecan pie bars from oven and allow to cool completely
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cut into slices
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g