You can’t go wrong with this classic pecan pie bars recipe! A delicious ooey gooey treat that is a holiday must have.
These pecan pie bars are a holiday must have!
This classic favorite dessert is melt in your mouth delicious and every bite tastes like a bite of pecan pie.
These bars are made without the typical corn syrup, but you’d never know it!
how to make pecan pie bars with maple syrup
First, start by making the crust.
Mix together the flour, butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla until combined.
Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper (trust me, this makes it SO much easier to get them out).
Use your hands to press the crust batter into the bottom of the pan, then bake until golden and beginning to brown.
While the crust is cooking, stir together the filling.
In a large bowl, mix the eggs, pure maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, vanilla, and salt.
Once mixed, fold in the chopped pecan pieces.
Once the crust is done cooking, pour the filling over the top.
Bake the bars for around 30 – 35 more minutes.
How can you tell when pecan pie bars are done?
Once the edges are browned and the middle looks firm (moving the pan side to side does not result in the bars moving), they are done.
Right around 35 minutes was perfect for mine.
Now for the hardest part of the whole recipe – allowing them to cool!
This is torture for me as my house fills with the delicious smell of fresh baked pecan pie.
Once the pan has cooled, place it in the fridge for 30 minutes, then you can cut up the bars!
This recipe makes 9 very large bars, but you could also cut it into smaller pieces as well.
Let me tell you, this is worth every single calorie that is in it!
Forget pecan pie, these pecan pie bars will be on my Thanksgiving and Christmas baking list year.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for the perfect pairing!
More Holiday Desserts
- Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Christmas Crack
- Peanut Clusters
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars
- Cranberry Eggnog Bread
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
For the Crust
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix together all ingredients for the crust - flour, butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla, until combined
- Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Use your hands to press the crust batter smoothly into the pan
- Bake at 300 degrees for 22 - 25 minutes, until edges are golden and beginning to brown
- In a large bowl, mix together filling - the eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, vanilla, and salt
- Once mixed, stir in the pecans
- When the crust is done baking, pour the filling over the top
- Turn the oven up to 350 degrees and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until set and no longer wiggly. The edges should be browned
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cut into slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 694Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 7gSugar: 41gProtein: 12g