These delicious ooey gooey pecan pie bars with shortbread crust are a holiday must have. These maple pecan bars are made without corn syrup.
These maple pecan pie bars are a holiday must have!
This classic favorite dessert is made using the filling from this pecan pie without corn syrup.
The filling is the same delicious one that I use in my pecan pie brownies recipe too. It is irresistible!
It’s one of my favorite pecan desserts along with Pecan Cream Pie.
These bars are made without the typical corn syrup, and instead uses real maple syrup.
how to make pecan pie bars without corn syrup
First, start by making the shortbread crust. This is the same crust that I use for my Apple Crisp Bars recipe.
Step 1: Mix together the flour, butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla until combined.
Step 2: Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper (trust me, this makes it SO much easier to get them out). Use your hands to press the shortbread crust batter into the bottom of the pan, then bake until golden and beginning to brown.
Step 3: While the crust is cooking, stir together the filling. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, pure maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, vanilla, and salt. Once mixed, fold in the chopped pecan pieces.
Step 4: Once the crust is done cooking, pour the maple pecan bar filling over the top.
Bake the pecan pie bars for around 30 – 35 more minutes.
How can you tell when pecan pie bars are done?
Once the edges are browned and the middle looks firm (moving the pan side to side does not result in the bars moving), they are done.
Right around 35 minutes was perfect for mine.
Now for the hardest part of the whole recipe: allowing them to cool!
This is hard for me as my house fills with the delicious smell of fresh baked pecan pie.
Once the pan has cooled, place it in the fridge for 30 minutes, then you can cut up the bars!
Let me tell you, this is worth every single calorie that is in it!
Forget pecan pie, these pecan pie bars will be on my Thanksgiving and Christmas baking list year.
This has become one of my favorite recipes for the holidays! Ooey gooey pecan pie bars are a must.
More Holiday Desserts
- Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Cream Pie
- Christmas Crack
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Peanut Clusters
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars
- Cranberry Eggnog Bread
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
For the Shortbread Crust
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Pecan Pie Bar Filling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix together all ingredients for the crust - flour, butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla, until combined
- Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Use your hands to press the shortbread crust batter smoothly into the pan
- Bake at 300 degrees for 22 - 25 minutes, until edges are golden and beginning to brown
- In a large bowl, mix together the pecan pie bar filling - the eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, vanilla, and salt
- Once mixed, stir in the pecan pieces
- When the crust is done baking, pour the filling over the top
- Turn the oven up to 350 degrees and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until set and hardly jiggly. The edges should be browned
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cut into slices
- Refrigerate any leftover maple pecan bars
For the flour, you can also use whole wheat pastry flour as a substitute for all purpose.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g