This easy healthy cranberry sauce has been a Thanksgiving table tradition for years. Once you taste fresh cranberry sauce you will never buy the canned stuff again!
This healthy cranberry sauce is a traditional favorite every year at our Thanksgiving table.
Cranberries are so delicious and a baking favorite of mine during the holiday season.
Fresh cranberries are tart, and add so much sweet tart delicious flavor to holiday treats!
Holidays just aren’t the same without delicious fresh cranberry recipes.
Healthy Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
- fresh cranberries
- pure maple syrup: to make this sauce healthier we are using real maple syrup to sweeten in place of granulated sugar
- salt: just a little bit to make all of the flavors pop
Tip for buying fresh cranberries
The cranberries should be bright red and firm to the touch. Try to avoid mushy darker colored cranberries, as this means they are starting to turn bad.
How to make cranberry sauce
Step 1: add the fresh cranberries, maple syrup, and salt to a medium sized sauce pan.
Step 2: Heat the pan over medium high heat until the cranberry mixture starts to boil.
Step 3: Once the cranberries begin to boil, turn the heat to low and stir the cranberry sauce often for 10 – 15 minutes.
As the cranberries cook, they will start to soften and burst. Use the bottom of a spoon to mash the cranberries as you go.
Step 4: Once the cranberry sauce is finished cooking, transfer it to a covered container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
This healthy cranberry sauce is perfectly thick, sweet and tangy. It really could not be any easier to make.
This is a great recipe to make the day before Thanksgiving and store in the fridge until it’s time for Thanksgiving dinner. I do this every year to save on time.
Now that I’ve made my own cranberry sauce, I can’t imagine Thanksgiving without it!
It’s one of my favorite parts of the holidays.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Easy Vegan Stuffing
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- Broccoli Casserole
- The Best Vegetarian Gravy
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crumble
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
- 3 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- Scant ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add fresh cranberries, pure maple syrup, and salt to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil
- After it boils, turn down to low and cook 10-15 minutes, until thick, stirring frequently and smashing the bubbling cranberries with a spoon. The cranberries will begin to burst the longer they boil.
- Refrigerate the cranberry sauce until cold and serve chilled
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!