Can you guys believe how close Christmas is?!
It’s really snuck up on me this year, especially with a 4 month old I haven’t really had the time to think about Christmas as much as I usually do.
One of my favorite parts of Christmas is all of the holiday baking.
Food is my love language, and it makes me so happy to bake up new creations to share with my family!
Eggnog is one of those controversial Christmas drinks that you either love or hate – there usually isn’t an in between.
My husband is definitely on the love side, while I am not so crazy about it (too sweet for me!).
But add eggnog to a delicious moist cranberry bread and drizzle it with white chocolate? I’m SOLD!
Rest assured all you eggnog haters, I promise you’ll love this recipe!
After I made my Whole Wheat Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins, I became obsessed with baking with fresh cranberries.
That huge pop of flavor is just so festive and full of flavor!
They are so sweet and tart and perfect for Christmas baking.
I decided to create this white chocolate cranberry eggnog bread with some leftover cranberries that I had in my fridge.
This bread is insanely moist and delicious, and topped with crunchy baked brown sugar then drizzled with white chocolate.
This is a showstopper recipe that is not only gorgeous to look at, but surprisingly easy to make.
I really can’t get enough of this, and had to give some of it away to my neighbor before we ate it all!
Make this for your loved ones this year!
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar + more for topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog (I used soy eggnog)
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream together olive oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, orange zest, and eggnog
- In a separate bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda and flour
- Add dry mixture to the wet, beating well until combined
- Fold in cranberries
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour in batter
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and garnish with additional cranberries, if desired
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack and cool for 15-20 minutes
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until smooth
- Drizzle chocolate over bread
- Store bread in the fridge and serve chilled (it's also delicious hot, but i prefer the flavor chilled)