These pecan pie brownies are a brownie lover’s dream! A fun twist on two favorite dessert recipes. If you love brownies with pecans, you will go crazy for this chocolatey treat!
Everyone has their favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipe, and these pecan pie brownies combine two classic favorites!
Made with a layer of boxed brownie mix and topped with the most decadent pecan pie layer, they are seriously delicious.
It is a chocolatey twist on my pecan pie bars recipe.
A delicious holiday dessert for pecan lovers, along with pecan cream pie.
Ingredients to make brownies with pecans
- 1 box family size brownie mix: plus the ingredients listed on the back of the box
- pure maple syrup: these pecan pie brownies are made without corn syrup
- brown sugar
- heavy cream
- all purpose flour
- vanilla extract
- chopped pecans
How to make pecan pie brownies
Step 1: Make the brownie layer. You will need a family sized box of brownie mix, plus the ingredients listed on the box.
The box mix that I used called for oil (I used olive oil), eggs, and water. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare the brownie batter.
Mix together the brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water until just combined.
Pour the brownie batter into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
Baking the brownie layer
The time you bake the brownies will depend on your brownie mix. Bake the brownie layer for around 10 – 20 minutes, or until the brownie tops are semi formed.
What you are looking for here is not brownies that are cooked all the way through, but rather formed enough on top to where you can pour on the pecan pie layer without it sinking through.
The first time I tested this recipe, I did not cook the brownie layer long enough and the pecan pie mixture fell through. Still delicious, but I wanted the layered effect.
Next time I just added 5 more minutes to the brownie bake time and it was perfect!
Making the pecan pie layer
Step 2: While the brownies are baking, stir together the ingredients for the pecan pie layer: eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy cream, all purpose flour, vanilla extract, salt, and chopped pecans.
This recipe is made without corn syrup and instead uses real pure maple syrup.
Step 3: Once the brownies are baked long enough, remove them from the oven and gently pour on the pecan pie filling over the top.
Step 4: Bake the brownies with pecans an additional 25 – 35 minutes, until the pecan layer is hardly jiggly on top.
Allow the pecan pie brownies to cool completely before cutting. This will be the hardest part!
Your kitchen will be smelling absolutely heavenly and it’s hard to resist not diving right into that chocolatey pecan goodness.
These pecan pie brownies are so incredibly delicious, you won’t be able to just eat one.
You can serve these brownies alone, or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
This is one Thanksgiving dessert that you may end up making every year.
It’s simple, little prep, and sure to impress!
If you love chocolate and pecans, these brownies will be your new favorite dessert.
Try making these for the holidays this year!
Just look at that ooey gooey pecan yumminess.
More Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Cake Mix Brownies
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Peanut Clusters
- Christmas Crack
- Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies)
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
For the brownie layer
- 1 box family size brownie mix**
- ingredients listed on the back of the brownie mix
For the pecan pie layer
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the brownie batter according to directions on the back of the box
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased 9 by 13 baking dish
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until brownie layer is not very jiggly and is formed on top, but not cooked all the way through. This will vary based on your brownie mix. You just want it solid enough to pour the pecan pie layer without it sinking through. (see pictures in post)
- While the brownies are baking, make the pecan pie layer.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, heavy cream, all purpose flour, vanilla extract, salt, and chopped pecans. Stir well to combine.
- When the brownie layer is semi solid, remove the pan from the oven. Gently pour the pecan pie filling over the top and spread into an even layer
- Bake at 350 for an additional 25 - 35 minutes, until the pecan layer is set.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting
**Make sure the brownie mix you buy has baking options for 9 X 13 and says family size on it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g