This homemade chocolate peppermint bark is a delicious holiday treat that is so easy to make!
This homemade chocolate peppermint bark is made with just four ingredients.
It’s easy to make and tastes like Christmas.
Ingredients needed to make chocolate peppermint bark
- dark chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- peppermint extract
- candy canes, crushed
how to make peppermint bark
Step 1: Add the dark chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, until smooth.
Stir in the peppermint extract until smooth.
Step 2: Line a small 9 by 13 baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the melted dark chocolate onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet and smooth it out.
Place the chocolate in the fridge to harden for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3: While the chocolate layer is firming in the fridge, place the candy canes in an airtight bag.
Use a rolling pin to crush the candy canes into small pieces and set aside.
Step 4: Once the chocolate is close to being hardened, add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe dish.
Melt in 30 second increments until smooth. Be careful not to burn.
Remove the baking sheet from the fridge.
Step 5: Smooth the white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate.
Step 6: Top with the crushed candy canes. Place the chocolate peppermint bark back in the fridge or freezer until hardened.
Once the bark is firm, cut or break into pieces and serve.
Keep any leftover peppermint bark in an airtight container or bag in the fridge or freezer.
This peppermint bark would also make a great Christmas gift! Just wrap it up in a clear or holiday colored gift bag and you have a beautiful sweet treat for friends and neighbors.
More holiday recipes
- Cookies & Cream Muddy Buddies
- Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
- Graham Cracker Toffee
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- 11 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper (around 9 by 13 or smaller)
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, until smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract until smooth
- Pour the dark chocolate onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet and smooth it out flat. Place the chocolate in the fridge to harden for 30 minutes
- Place candy canes in a bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into small pieces
- Once the chocolate is almost done chilling, melt the white chocolate chips until smooth. Spread the white chocolate over the layer of hardened dark chocolate
- Sprinkle on the crushed candy canes. Chill until set (30 mins - 1 hour), then break or cut into pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g