These soft and flavorful pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a fall must have dessert.
What a better way to celebrate fall than with making a batch of homemade pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
These cookies are the perfect softness and filled with pumpkin spice chocolatey goodness in every bite.
Ingredients to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- pumpkin puree
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- semi sweet chocolate chips
We’re keeping it simple, classic and delicious with these mouthwatering cookies.
Added bonus of making these cookies is the delicious pumpkin smells that will make your kitchen smell like heaven!
how to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
Step 1: Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, cream together the wet ingredients: sugar, pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla, and egg
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and beat to combine. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Step 4: Drop the cookie dough batter by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and top with additional chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
This recipe makes around 25 – 30 medium sized pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
They are perfectly stay soft and don’t lose the softness even once they cool down. These pumpkin cookies are cakey and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- flour: you can substitute whole wheat pastry flour in an equal amount
- to make dairy free: substitute vegan butter and dairy free chocolate chips
- sugar: cane sugar or regular sugar will both work for this recipe
After cooling, store any leftovers in an airtight container for several days, if they last that long!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More fall recipes
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Crisp Bars
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cane sugar or white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt
- In a separate bowl, cream together the sugar, pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla, and egg
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and beat to combine
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and top with additional chocolate chips, if desired
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes
To easily make these cookies dairy free, use vegan butter and dairy free chocolate chips!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g