This easy roasted broccoli with parmesan cheese makes a great vegetable side dish for dinner!
Roasted veggies are my jam. I love a good plate of roasted vegetables for lunch or as a side dish for dinner.
In our family we regularly make favorites like roasted brussels sprouts, roasted carrots, and sweet potato cubes.
Fresh broccoli is hands down one of my favorite things, and this easy roasted broccoli is one of our favorite recipes!
You can’t go wrong with fresh parmesan cheese, and it is a delicious addition to fresh broccoli.
Ingredients to make roasted broccoli with parmesan
- fresh broccoli: cut into similar sized pieces
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- olive oil: or other neutral oil like avocado
- parmesan cheese: freshly grated
This recipe is only intended to be made with fresh broccoli.
If you’re looking for a frozen option here’s our recipe for oven roasted frozen broccoli!
How to make parmesan broccoli
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Step 1: Wash and pat the broccoli dry. Cut the head of broccoli into similar sized florets.
Step 2: Place the broccoli florets in a large bowl, and add the salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Drizzle on enough olive oil to coat the broccoli, then toss to combine everything with your hands.
One tip for great tasting fresh roasted broccoli is to spend a little time massaging the oil and spices into the heads of the broccoli. This allows it to all get well distributed.
Step 3: Place the broccoli onto a large baking sheet. Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the broccoli from the oven and add the fresh grated parmesan, then toss to combine.
Step 5: Roast the broccoli for another 10-15 minutes, or until the broccoli is browned to your liking. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
The high heat really helps get those yummy crispy edges on the broccoli.
And those little bits of crispy parmesan cheese are heavenly!
This is one of our favorite broccoli recipes and one that your kids will even eat.
More vegetable side dishes
- roasted mushrooms
- roasted broccoli and cauliflower
- air fryer frozen broccoli
- garlic butter roasted carrots
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
This roasted broccoli is a dinner must have! Serve with a protein of choice and some instant pot mac and cheese and you have a winner dinner!
Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
This easy roasted broccoli with parmesan cheese is a delicious side dish!
- 10-11 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into similar sized pieces
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Up to ¼ cup olive oil, to coat the broccoli
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse the broccoli florets and pat dry
- Toss the broccoli with the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and enough olive oil to coat. Massage it with your hands to incorporate the oil and spices into the broccoli
- Place the broccoli onto a baking sheet
- Roast at 425 for 15 minutes
- Toss and stir the broccoli with the fresh parmesan cheese
- Roast an additional 15 minutes, checking to stir if necessary, until browned and crispy on the edges
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1010mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 13gSugar: 6gProtein: 17g