These chocolate chip banana bread muffins are so easy to make and taste amazing!
Banana bread is a favorite in our house, and we love to make variations of it like these chocolate chip banana bread muffins.
One banana bread recipe will make the perfect amount of batter to make 12 muffins.
This recipe is made with pantry staples that you probably already have on hand.
The perfect way to use up those ripe bananas sitting on your counter!
This is a favorite muffin recipe of ours, along with other family favorites like applesauce muffins, greek yogurt blueberry muffins, and cake mix banana muffins.
Ingredients to make banana chocolate chip muffins
- bananas: use very ripe bananas bananas for this recipe, as they will be sweeter.
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to make chocolate chip banana bread muffins
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Step 1: Add the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and ripe mashed bananas to a large bowl and stir or whisk to combine.
Step 2: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
Be careful not to over mix the batter, as this will result in dense muffins instead of light and fluffy.
Step 4: Fold the semisweet chocolate chips into the banana muffin batter with a rubber spatula.
Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners.
These are my favorite to use, as nothing will stick to them and no spray is needed.
Step 5: Pour the batter into the muffin tins, then top with extra chocolate chips.
Step 6: bake the muffins at 375 degrees for 17-19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once the muffins have cooled a few minutes in the muffin tin, remove them onto a wire cooling rack.
These chocolate chip banana bread muffins would make a great after school snack, easy breakfast on the go, or even dessert.
My kids love these, and I always have this recipe on hand for using up those too mushy ripe bananas that I end up with.
You kitchen will smell irresistible while these muffins are baking!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
The only thing better than the smell of these baking is the taste of a soft and moist banana chocolate chip muffin warm from the oven!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
These chocolate chip banana bread muffins are so easy to make make a delicious breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (3 medium sized bananas)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and ripe mashed bananas to a large bowl and stir or whisk to combine
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula
- Line a muffin tin with liners (I like parchment paper ones), and distribute the banana bread muffin batter into the 12 cups
- Top with extra chocolate chips, then bake the muffins at 375 degrees for 17-19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Remove muffins onto a wire cooling rack to cool
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g