I originally shared this recipe in October of 2015. I took some new pictures and am sharing it again today. This healthy pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake is oil free and made with whole wheat flour. A delicious fall treat!
You guys know that I’m a big fan of mug cakes.
With fall just around the corner, I’m revisiting one of my favorite recipes that I first published almost two years ago.
This pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake comes together in less than 5 minutes, making it a quick and easy dessert if you need your pumpkin fix!
I love mug cakes because they are a great single serve dessert.
When you don’t want to make a whole pumpkin chocolate chip cake, you can make just a single serving in minutes!
This mug cake is a lightened up way to enjoy a fall flavored dessert.
This pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake is oil free, made with whole wheat flour, and super moist and chocolatey.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe mug and stir until well combined
- Microwave on high for 2 to 2½ minutes, until cooked in the center