I didn’t always used to be a guacamole lover. I had never tasted one that I absolutely loved until I started experimenting with my own. This recipe is fresh, delicious, and the best guacamole I’ve ever tasted. It’s so good that we eat usually it as a meal. Not a side, a meal! We make a big double batch and eat with Garden of Eatin Red Hot Blues chips. The combination of flavors is perfect!
Many guacamole recipes that I’ve tasted are either too plain, or they have too much garlic and onion. This recipe adds just a little shallot (milder than onion) and garlic to make the perfect flavor profile.
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small clove (1 tsp) minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of ½ large lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir well. Add additional lime or seasonings if necessary.
- Serve with corn chips - I love Red Hot Blues!